What good are rules if you don't enforce them?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What good are rules if you don't enforce them?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Conte on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 11:50 pm:

I guess I won't be reading or contributing to this forum anymore.
I did not post any comments to see if this thread would disappear to the bottom of the page, it has not.
I'm sure there are those that find this amusing and that I should lighten up.
In this world where politics is everywhere it was nice to have a place that did not have it or allow this stuff. Sure there are some situations where cars and model t's involve politics but that is very different to what is going on here
Those that run it obviously do not follow their own rules
So I guess anything goes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 12:08 am:

"Someone may not be getting enough time at the wheel of his Model T."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 12:33 am:

Well normally we don't have folks post 4 threads in a row just to stir up crap and force the over worked, underpaid moderator to have to sit at his computer and fix the mess instead of being with his family.
Oh my, you were offended by a post about something wrote in 1922? We all get our little feelings hurt some times. it is part of life. most us of get over it and go on with our lives

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 12:49 am:

Mike, it's not that your topics are not welcome they were not OT so that those who are not interested can pass them by. I personally read this forum nearly everyday so that I don't have to hear/read other stuff but the Model T. This is my escape from that other everyday crap/s*&t that we are not in full hilt for the next 14 months.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Conte on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 01:18 am:

I guess you guys don't get the point

Hey Mack

You prove my point

Thank you

By the way my "feelings have not been hurt and this forum has gone further into the gutter because of you "comment"!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 01:33 am:

Dam!! winter hasn't even set in yet at you end of the world and signs of cabin fever have already hit the forum!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 01:40 am:

When I log onto the forum, I scan the subject matter and open the threads that either interest me or give me an opportunity to help someone out (mostly through the benefit of learning from my mistakes). _If the occasional OT-thread covers stuff in which I have little interest or is irrelevant to Model T forum community (politics, underwater basket-weaving, why salads are healthier than a nice sizzling steak), I just don't bother opening the thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 01:55 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 02:20 am:

Mike, I just don't understand why you have your panties in such a bunch. If you don't like a thread, skip it! It ain't rocket science! There are, and probably will be, many threads that I am not interested in, both on topic and off. I simply go on to the next thread. What is so hard about that? It seems that this subject pops up every now and then. I don't get it. If you see a movie preview that you don't like, do you go ahead and watch that movie? If you see a program on TV that you don't like, do you go ahead and watch it? If you see a car on the dealer's floor that you don't like, do you go ahead and buy it? What is the problem????? I for one am baffled by this behavior. As always, JMHO. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 03:32 am:

What Dave said. When I see a discussion descending into ill-informed crackpottery, I just quit wasting time on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 06:45 am:

Confucious say: If you don't like a political thread then don't start a political thread.

Duh!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 08:32 am:

Oh my. Life's so short, the world is getting so vicious and crazy, we all need to step back, take a deep breath, get along with each other, and just enjoy the fact that we're awake for another day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 09:56 am:

I also have said before, the convention of using "OT" to warn people that a thread is off-topic seems pretty simple to me. Dave Stroud summed it up perfectly. If you don't like chocolate chip cookies, don't eat them. If you don't like off-topic posts, don't read them. Jeez! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 10:28 am:

I was not really "aware" of anything wrong till I read this. I had just skipped over the OT threads about gay marriage and global warming , and the other OT threads that really did not interest me. Mike, what I really do not understand is if OT threads bothers you so much and gets your "panties" in your crack so bad why in the &*%$ would you start your own OT threads to "stir the pot" You said at the top of this thread "I guess I won't be reading or contributing to this forum anymore" "GOODBUY" and with you attitude, you may not be missed as much as you think you will ..!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 10:45 am:

Mike,

I thought you were getting some rough treatment here.... until I read your OT posts. Is this what you do whenever something arises that you don't like? Make a big noise so everybody notices you and gives you your way? Yes, please, go away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 01:17 am:

Amen!!!
I'll tell ya the one thing I stay away from as far as I can is NEGATIVE people. I've realize that some people always live on the negative side of life. I believe it reflects on how they live and the outcome they receive out of life.

I think my Mother always said If you can't say something positive (nice) then don't say anything.

Most of the time I try that...

Sorry I came later and didn't waste my time reading all the post about this.. NOT Really

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 01:37 am:

Apparently he did go away. His profile has been deleted. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 02:03 am:

It is better to live by the adage that around each cloud is a silver lining, instead of inside each silver lining is a cloud. I think most of us here always look on the bright side of life... www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo. Life is much more enjoyable when you do. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 03:18 pm:

Maybe Mike Conte should start using the MTFCI forum. There us far less OT there and if he post something offensive it may not even get an answer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 11:07 am:

I don't have time to monitor the forum every minute of everyday. I am on the forum many times a day and do try to keep an eye on things.

Sometimes I can't believe how a thread can go from a civil discussion (even off topic) to hell in a hand basket in a nano second.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 01:51 pm:

Jim,
Is that a geek comment on the internet "cloud"??
Bob,
Did you get a good grade in your "Underwater Basket Weaving 101" class?
OK, OK, couldn't resist, just thought a little brevity might be useful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 02:47 pm:

David,

Levity is useful too. ;O)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 12:20 am:

For my money, Chris does one hell of a job for us T freaks. I am on several other automotive chat sites and Chris does the best job of all of them.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 12:44 am:

Brevity, Levity. . . . . Potato, Potatoe!!!
So, I provided more humor than I had intended!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 08:46 am:

This thread silently slipped into the unknown.
I can't believe it woke up.
It must be the electronic equivalent of a bad penny.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 09:36 am:

Two things I learned from another restoration board . . .
1. If a seperate discussion board is designated for general topics or joke of the day or politics, it keeps those threads off the "technical" board. And.

2. Forum members who "walk away" will return shortly under a pseudonom and pick up right where they left off. It won't take long for everyone to know exactly who it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 04:27 pm:

Yea and the 1's that say " I am going to take my ball and go home" are simply trying to get attention. No need to beg them to stay. If they aint having no more fun than to screw things up for others, they don't really want or need to be around anyhow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 12:35 pm:

Some of the most interesting things I have read are off topic posts on this site.
I skip most threads about wheels or rewooding a T body but NEVER an O T post. It might be of great interest. It may even affect me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 12:39 pm:

To quote Abraham Lincoln, "You cannot believe everything you read on the internet."

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration