When are we goiing to talk about Model T's?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: When are we goiing to talk about Model T's?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 08:22 am:

I just checked into the Forum and 5 of the first 6 threads are OT. C'mon, Guys, let's talk about Model T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 08:24 am:

Well, here's one Mike. I'm about a day or so away from getting Pete, my '12 commercial roadster P/U back on the road again! Engine runs great, just putting all the newly painted sheet metal back on him, and thankfully next week is back in the mid to high 60's so time to get him out driving before winter!! Yippeeeee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 08:28 am:

Mike,
I did bring a Model T article into my OT thread. One of the first 300 no less......

:-)

(besides, Model K are just a big "ugly duckling" Model T)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 09:06 am:

I'm looking for an original Motometer if anyone has an extra one. It will go on my 22 Touring cutoff that has been in the family since new. The repro one I bought stands out because its too shiny for my T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 09:15 am:

Rob,I say no way!! There is nothing ugly about a model K,But other than the fact the K made money for Ford what do the cars share?? A ride plus the fact 15,000 000 T's got along fine with a two speed plantary!! I do not think i have ever seen a picture of a K being built at Piquette?? Were the Model K's built by Dodge at another plant?? While in the past some have griped about the K,We have learned much more!! Is your Model N feeling left behind? Glad your back-Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 09:24 am:

Another reason I've wanted the forum to upgrade to modern formats for years. We should have a "General Discussion" forum where all the OT stuff could go in addition to the actual Model T sections divided up like:

Engine
Transmission
Chassis
Driveshaft/rear end
Body

There are more sections here than I'd like to see for Model T's, but this is what most forums look like anymore.

http://www.f150forum.com/

Imagine how simple and easy it would be to find helpful topics and learn from the experts. I guess that's why we'll never change it to that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 09:55 am:

Some of the OT stuff is kinda fun if its related to things back in the model T days or even if it relates to forum members problems with other mechanicals or personal stuff.

One thing I think should be avoided like the plague is anything remotely political. We will all never agree on politics and never change anyone elses mind about politics, so all it does is breed ill feelings.

Nuff said.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 10:53 am:

Mike, on the other hand, I participated in our club's annual Fall Tour last Sunday (see separate thread) and there were 8-10 Model T guys. We talked about Model Ts, weather, family, photography, and a bunch of other stuff. We even told a few jokes. That's kind of what happens on this forum, except that when we're together and shooting the breeze, we don't say "OT" first. :-)

A college student decides to take his grandmother to an art exhibit. The first things they see is a portrait of the Madonna and Child. Grandmother asks,
"Who's that?"
"A mother and child."
"Where's the husband?"
"There is no husband."
"So where are they?"
"They live in a stable."
"There's no husband, they live in a stable, the child has no clothes, but they have money for a painting??"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 11:45 pm:

Craig, I respectfully disagree; with your system I would have to peruse through multiple sub-sites, with this system, it's all right here--and pretty much dial-up friendly even!! I keep asking the phone company, and other sources when high-speed internet (or even medium-speed!) will come here, and the universal answer is: "Don't hold your breath." AAAUGH!! 11 Years ago when I moved here, it wasn't a big deal, but it is becoming more and more so a big deal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 12:21 am:

We sure have a lot of whiners here. Scroll past the OT headers. It's just that easy ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 10:23 am:

James Baker -
Please contact me. I may have what you are looking for.

'Sorry to hijack this thread temporarily...But it does relate to Model T's. What a novel idea!!! :-)

Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 10:45 am:

It's hard to think about Model Ts at the moment. The dozer blew a head gasket Wednesday while fixing the driveway from the last rain. I'm left with large piles of dirt all along the drive with barely enough room to get in and out. It rained again this morning and the dozer engine is in pieces and the lower field is flooded. So, I'm inside washing clothes and looking for gaskets and a few parts today.

But, T-on!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 11:02 am:

Mike, you must have been timing it just right to fine that many OT posting that close together.
You can just skip over the OT post if you want to.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration