What does 26 coupe trunk latch striker look like?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What does 26 coupe trunk latch striker look like?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Austin Baker on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 09:11 am:

What does 26 coupe trunk latch striker look like?
What is the best way to extend the hand wiper to fit the coupe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 11:08 am:

Austin:

On my very rusty but original '26 Coupe there wasn't evidence of a striker, the lock bolt when extended just fits against the inside of the cross-rail at the top of the lower panel. I'm watching this post with interest, if there was a striker, I will also need to find one. Respectfully, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 11:31 am:

My coupe trunk has no striker, and no evidence of one ever being there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Palmisano on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 01:45 pm:

I don't believe there was striker. I think James is correct that the lock bolt catches the body.
1926 coupe trunk latch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 02:11 pm:

Austin, I used a 1/4 flat steel plate to reinforce the panel then ground the lip for a good fit. hope this helps Harv,.latch 001.JPG latch 002.JPG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Schrage on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 02:13 pm:

My 26 Coupe is same as above -- no striker.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 03:41 pm:

Austin, the above pictures show what I was going to post until someone beat me to it. The T coupe latch is just a tab that protrudes under the rear body panel bracing: no striker. The Model A was different as it had a rotating finger that hooked inside a striker. Check the vendor's catalogs (like Snyder's) which pictures both T and A in the same catalog, to see the difference. If you need the vertical brace that the T latch locks under (pictured in the center of the second picture above, I have one which is rusted off at the bottom, but since hard to find; could be repaired.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 03:49 pm:

Austin...I put one on...because my latch would not catch the lip of the sheet metal. I just made it out of some alum stock laying around the shoppe.

TT

TT

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration