Model T fellowship

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Model T fellowship
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 10:21 am:

I have been watching with some distaste the direction in which some of these OT posts are going. I have made many new friends thanks to the T I built. Some local, Some afar. So here is my thought for the day. How many of you have met people on this forum who you wouldn't have met otherwise and are buddies with now? Bob Coiro sent me hubs years ago for my truck for nothing but postage. Tim from Gen3 (remember him?) actually visited me in Nova Scotia and brought me a rebuilt drive shaft. Royce has been a wealth of info on my early parts. Ron Patterson spent hours on the phone with me talking me through my ignition system. These are just a few examples. I'd like to hear your stories, nothing negative please, just a reminder as to why this hobby is so great

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 10:24 am:

I have met several folks in person from the forum here and they are all good folks and helpful.
I appreciate the time they spent here and on the phone helping me.

Ron takes time to explain stuff so I can understand it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 10:30 am:

Well said Rob, This forum and it's members just make this hobby. Let's keep posting on the positive and maybe the negative will just go away. Harv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 10:33 am:

You are quite right, Rob. I keep three windows open on my computer and one of them is this forum. I work at my computer at home, so I pop into the forum frequently throughout the day.

For as long as I have been on the MTFCA forum (and that's many years), it has periodically erupted in a food fight. Someone gets bent out of shape about something and then everyone else offers an opinion pro or con. Eventually it settles down again. The operative phrase is, "This too shall pass." :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 10:40 am:

I won't try to list everybody by name because I don't want to slight anyone by forgetting to include him, but such a list would include a good many familiar names of folks on this forum who have been very kind to an old man who got a late start on this stuff. They have been very generous with parts, time, tools, and help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 11:45 pm:

Yep, great bunch 'o folks here, and we USUALLY get along pretty well. Dick is right, "This too, shall pass" and I add: "It might feel like a kidney stone as it passes, but it does pass!"
:-)
What time is it when you see one Ford following another?
Tin after Tin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 07:21 am:

Great folks here, I learn something new everytime I look at the forum. We all get off topic at times, after all aren't we all going through our second childhood?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration