New Book Car Crazy by G. Wayne Miller

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: New Book Car Crazy by G. Wayne Miller
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 11:24 am:

This is the best book that I know of that documents accurately the business and production environment that Ford successfully competed in, and the competitors that he faced. It documents the success of the Dodge Brothers, who were making good money supplying Oldsmobile CDO chassis at the beginning of the book and were part owners of Ford Motor company at the end. It also documents the failure of Oldsmobile (and to some extent, Buick) to grasp that they had the right formula in 1903 but squandered their success by moving to big expensive cars.

Highly recommended!!!!!

http://www.carcrazybook.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Adams on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 10:54 pm:

Internet book seller
abebooks.com

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=wayne+miller&bi=0&bx=off&ds=30& recentlyadded=all&sortby=17&sts=t&tn=car+crazy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 08:32 pm:

Book is on the way! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G. Wayne Miller on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 05:49 am:

Thanks, Royce, for the kind words! The book has gotten some other nice reviews, too, but hearing yours -- you as a T expert -- means so much. Other MTFCA folks who are interested can learn about CAR CRAZY at www.CarCrazyBook.com Just today, it hit No. 1 in Amazon's new release, transportation industry. AND -- we will have a 1912 T Speedster, among other old cars (in attached collage), at the book launch party Sunday 11/1 in Newport, RI. All welcome (write carcrazybook@gmail.com for details)!Cars at Newport launch party

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 08:32 am:

Congratulations on your accomplishment Wayne! I'll get one coming.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 09:26 am:

Sounds like a great book, I just ordered my copy! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 07:26 pm:

I'm up to the Selden Patent and so far it's very good!!!!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 07:42 pm:

I got my copy a couple of days ago and it is very interesting so far! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G. Wayne Miller on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 06:57 am:

Thanks, everyone! I will be heading to Detroit in January for the North American International Auto Show and talks and signings, so perhaps we will meet then. Enjoy the book. Check another post of mine for a way to get a signed copy, if you'd like (or just write me directly at pascoagwriter@yahoo.com) Cheers, Wayne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 02:31 pm:

Wayne, I see that the North American International Show in Detroit runs through January 24th.

Just a thought, but have you considered also the MTFCI Annual Meeting in Dearborn on January 28th to 30?

Keith

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration