What is wrong with you guys?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What is wrong with you guys?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 11:36 am:

I like moderating the forum .... most of the time.

Things like this take me back to kindergarten.

If you don't like something on an OT post

DON'T READ IT !!!

Chris

PS forum is down for maintenance

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 01:51 pm:

Indeed, 'tis a pity adults act the way they do sometimes.

Strangely, many folks gripe and complain about a certain "thing". Let it disappear, or take it away completely, and then the "thing" is sorely missed.

Sure wish this Forum stays and does not fade into oblivion for lack of decency ....or the absence of a moderator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 01:54 pm:

I think the forum rules are pretty clear.

1. Posts should be related to the Model T.
2. Off Topic - OT - posts are allowed but should still be hobby related.
3. Political posts and posts insulting other posters will be removed.
4. Post for the good of the hobby.

If the OT posts don't meet these criteria, we shouldn't even have option to read them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 02:14 pm:

Thankyou, Chris, for your service!

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 02:25 pm:

Thanks Chris.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 03:27 pm:

Chris-

I appreciate you for all the work you do on this forum. Oh, and Stevie is eating paste again...

: ^ )

-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Olsen 40 miles west of chicago on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 03:40 pm:

I agree with Dan.
1. Posts should be related to the Model T.
2. Off Topic - OT - posts are allowed but should still be hobby related.
3. Political posts and posts insulting other posters will be removed.
4. Post for the good of the hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 03:52 pm:

Nutthin' wrong here. Just wondering why some one would go off on a binge posting a bunch of OT stuff fishing for reactions. Either from us or Chris. Thanks for taking the time to mind the store from one C.B. to another. Here's an OT for you: the spelling of your last name is supposed to be the older version of mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger - Charlotte, MI on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 03:55 pm:

+2 to Dan (and Chris Olsen). I can hear political nonsense (from both sides) anywhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 03:55 pm:

I really enjoy the OT posts...many interesting subjects that relate to the past and history.
Also, the offensive posts are interesting too....because the responses tell me a lot about the mentality of the members of this forum. These off-beat OT subjects bring out comments from the yokels, jerks and bigots that are members of our community.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 03:59 pm:

John M.,

I prefer not to be so "informed" about people's darker selves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 04:44 pm:

THANK YOU Chris Brancaccio for you help and service to the Model T forum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 04:45 pm:

Thanks Chris. During the last episode, I was afraid you might throw in the towel and shut down the forum and go home. Again, thanks.

As for the OT posts, I like them. To eliminate them would be like going to a Model T meeting and saying that on one could say anything that wasn't related to Model T's. That would be absurd.

Also, the OT posts tell about a persons personality. That allows me to decide who to do business with and who to respect - also, who I'd like to stop and visit with if I'm in their neighborhood. I feel like I know a lot of the folks here pretty well - but we've never met and they don't know me from Adam.

FWIW, I check this forum every day, sometimes several times a day. I've been here for so long I don't remember when I registered. Still, my post count is quite low. I don't like to type.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 05:20 pm:

Chris, thank you so much for all the work you do on this forum. But please don't change a thing. I read it for the comedy as much as anything else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Power on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 06:16 pm:

Thanks for posting this Chris. I'm new to the T forum and read every single post. I find most of it very interesting and informative . I was just about to delete the whole thing off my computer and cell phone because of some posts. I think now I'll stick around now. Thanks again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 06:21 pm:

Thanks, Chris.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 07:15 pm:

Another 'voice' to give Chris the deserved THANKS! Life can be all too serious at times, but humor is a whole lot easier to be shared....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 07:16 pm:

Michael,

Yes, please do stick around. There is a wealth of knowledge between the ears of many of the folks who read this Forum.

Undoubtedly, "our" Mr. Frugal will eventually post the almost required reading literature, but oftentimes a question arises that eludes your search for the answer. You ask on the Forum, and the question will be answered.

In any vocation or avocation there are really nice folks - and some who do some not so nice things. That's "human nature"...unfortunately, that happens here.

Do as you say - stick around awhile longer - I do believe you'll be happy you are here.

Dave - formerly from Metuchen (and the assembly line when Falcons were put together in Edison).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 07:35 pm:

Thanks Chris for the service you do. It is greatly appreciated by myself and probably the vast majority of the forum users. I like most of the OT stuff. The stuff that does not interest me I just do not read. There is a vast wealth of knowledge among this forums members. It is almost impossible to ask a question about something and not receive a good, quick, reply. Thank you again, and I hope the forum remains for a very long time ... Submitted with respect, Donnie Brown ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 08:01 pm:

Thanks Chris!
Much appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 10:17 pm:

Chris, you are doing a excellent job manageing the
forum. If I don't like some comment, I just pass
over it. There is alot of good information here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Power on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 10:24 pm:

Thanks Dave. Will do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 12:13 am:

Chris, you have a largely thankless job. For taking it on, I also thank you.
It is a shame so many have an issue with operating the delete button of just
passing over those topics they might find "offensive". It is clear that many
just go looking to find something they can bellyache about. A friend of mine
was promoted to Sr. Engineer of his County. I asked how he liked it. He said
he hated it, .... he went from being an Engineer to being a glorified babysitter.
I see a certain parallel here, except I doubt you got a bump in pay for your
efforts ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 02:44 am:

Thank You Chris B!!!!!
I have been ignoring this thread, based upon the title, and due to a few recent threads. Then I decided I should at least "look" at it? And saw it was from you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 04:44 am:

What is wrong with me? Oldtimers syndrome. i have oldtimers syndrome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 06:19 am:

Kep -- that was my first thought also ... a listing of the literal current aches and pains...

Chris -- thank you again and again for all your help and support to our group, forum, club, and hobby.

I've also made some OT postings and for me they were very helpful. I was able to share the loss of Dad and later the loss of my Mom. And while I have met very few of you good folks in person, I felt supported and understood and it helped me during a hard time I was going through. And there are many other OT postings that I believe have helped our hobby and forum. And of course the postings about the Ts and Pre-Ts (remember the early Fords are an official chapter of the MTFCA) provides so much good information. The good postings far out way the bad ones.

There occasionally may be a person that just enjoys stirring up trouble on a consistent basis. Or for that matter the SPAMMERS with buy this etc. form Nigeria. In those cases Chris already has the freedom to delete anything that is inappropriate. Or if it is one person over and over again -- to just ban the person. As I grow older, if I get to be a bigger jerk from the normal old age aches and pains and less and less courteous to a point of just being negative -- he should ban me. I could still read and glean anything about Ts etc. I just wouldn't be able to stir the pot etc. But I don't believe he should let any single person or persons destroy the forum. And I trust his judgment on this one. He does a great job.

Also if we know someone has a history of "baiting" the forum for an argument -- If we don't "take the bait" the posting will drift off to the bottom.

99.99% of you folks do a great job of supporting our hobby, club, and our forum. Thank you so much for contributing for the good of the hobby!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 10:01 am:

Thanks Chris. You do a great job. Sometimes people just go off on a tangent I guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 10:06 am:

There is nothing wrong with 99% of the guys on the forum!

The problem is with the World! :-(

I have proof - but don't ask!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 10:19 am:

There is nothing wrong with anybody who still plays with cars. Thanks Chris for all you do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 11:53 am:

Great insight from Hap (as usual). To paraphrase Hap's "baiting" comment, If we don't "buy" what someone is "selling", products or ideas, that person will soon go out of business.

The OT function on this forum is extremely valuable to me...because most Model T forum members possess a kind of grounded logic that I understand... perhaps a super set of the Model T habit. On several occasions I have had non T questions to which I know certain forum members would know the answer, so I usually choose to PM that question directly to that person... possibly a selfish choice on my part in retrospect.

When someone goes into meltdown over a topic or issue, I try to wrap my head around the root cause. A bad day, a misunderstanding, or a mental problem? If the latter, as possibly in this latest case, I find it best just to back away.

I'm always impressed with the restraint shown by Chris and his Solomon like solutions.

Thank you Chris for keeping this house in order!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 02:21 pm:

John,

I don't find that selfish at all. I don't mean to take advantage of Chris's 'Solomon like solutions', but while it may be against the 'letter of the law', I don't see it being against the 'spirit of the law' to ask the forum for advice about an OT subject. And frankly, I don't think anyone would think less of you for doing it. Yes, if you had a specific question for a specific person, I can see PM'ing them. But I could also see asking on the forum and getting various answers to consider.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 02:36 pm:

Thanks Chris for all you do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 11:07 am:

Same question today. Just got a call from one of your directors (if you are a MTFCA member) that someone called him about the JFK thread (which I have deleted)

Forum is down for maintenance for a while.

Chris

(Message edited by adminchris on November 25, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 01:13 pm:

It is a darned shame when individuals post such things on a world wide site as innocuous as this Forum, that the site must be shut down for a "time out".

Young people sometimes need a short "nap" - but older people?

If it is not for the good of the hobby, won't you please consider posting what you have to say elsewhere? A huge amount of valuable information is available here - why must you deprive others of using this resource?

(Meant for the offending poster, not our honorable moderator)>

(Message edited by adave on November 25, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 01:40 pm:

You know, I'll probably regret posting this, and keep in mind, it is just my opinion and you know what opinions are worth. It is hard for me to fathom that a guy can get so upset about one post on this forum. I realize we are supposed to post for the good of the hobby, but it seems to me that members are pretty good about marking off topic posts as OT. One man, who by the way, did not seem to be a big contributor here anyway, let himself get so upset about one comment that he deleted his profile, then on top of that, called one of the club directors to complain! Wow. I sure don't agree with everything that comes up on this forum, but I like to think I am adult enough to be able to tolerate our differences. None of us want to be that kid that gets mad and takes his ball home because he can't have things his way. This is a public forum, so don't be surprised or offended with what you read here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 01:41 pm:

I have posted a few questions under the OT title, and gotten very good help from this forum--even a "new" motor for my wife's everyday car (doing a "Road Trip" in two weeks to pick it up--and to make the trip T related, I will pick up some of Larry Smith's new correct exhaust pipes!)
Chris, THANK YOU for putting up with us all and keeping this wonderful place going!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 02:16 pm:

I am with you Dennis,someone's underwear was just to tight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 02:22 pm:

OK!! heres my 2 cents worth!! if it weren't for jay and others old pics i would not turn this site on at all. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 02:23 pm:

-Mack-
They also get a high-pitched voice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 02:36 pm:

Best way to deal with a post you don't like is to ignore it and don't respond on the forum. That's usually what the poster wants is a response, and if we don't respond, they will get tired of posting.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 03:23 pm:

Norm
I agree

I also want to thank you again for sending me pictures of the montrose bowling alley.
My dad set pins there in the late 40s. Our family was friends with the owners family for years after that.

Thanks also to Gene and Jackie for their friendship

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 03:33 pm:

I'm With Dennis on this! I thought it was good to hear what several people old enough thought about some of the things we have lived through! Myself i do not understand why the entire thread had to disapear instead of what offended whoever?? I think we should try to be civil but on the other hand all some post is pablum!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 04:28 pm:

I don't know, Chris. I'm 67 years old and have thin skin and on a blood thinner. A pin or needle prick is all I need to go running for a Band Aid. Anything more, its call "911". I enjoy this forum, but I read what I want to, just like I do on Facebook, and don't get bent out of sorts over posts that might annoy me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 05:07 pm:

There are 3 topics that shouldn't be spoken about in the public arena.......especially in/on a forum like this one.....RELIGION, POLITICS & SEX
At least that's where I draw my own line.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 05:50 pm:

What is wrong with SEX?

SEX brings cheers
Jon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 07:11 pm:

Wow this thread returned!

There is nothing wrong with 99% of the people on this forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 07:20 pm:

THAT is the problem, Fred....it's the "other" 1 % that causes problems.

The Forum does not have a monopoly on the misbehaving 1% - you can find those folks anywhere. It's just a shame that the wayward ones cause difficulty for the other 99%

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 07:21 pm:

Wow this kind of stuff pops up often around here! Same sane voices same insane voices. Fred's right about the 99%. I call it the Moron Factor. It's usually 0.002% or there abouts but the problem is of course the larger the audience the larger the MF. I've been here long enough to know when some one is shooting for a nerve and a lot of the responses can be quite hilarious. It really is a part of being here AND knowing when a slightly off the wall poster is eliciting a response.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Watson on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 08:33 pm:

Fred D. act negatively to my recent post... which was related about an update of what I did after selling my Model T some 5 years later.

I believe in respecting others and treat people how you would like to be treated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 08:53 pm:

my only comment is I am very thankful for this forum I have learned a lot about T"s and have always got good help from any questions I have asked and consider myself lucky you guys share your smarts with me. anything people say that I dont like is like a fart just act like you dident hear it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 09:21 pm:

I like that mindset,I just came home from thanksgiving with my family and I hope no body heard me letting off "steam" :-)

In the thread that was sadly deleted because someone was offended,I said some thoughts need to stay in the mind of the thinker.
And really some things don't need to be said out loud anywhere.We do have freedom of speech in this country but it is challenged quite often.
If you don't like something you read, move on,Think as you wish,just use some common sense.

I honestly think some of the complainers have a goal of members only posting required.Complain enough and us previous members,but lapsed,and folks that have never joined won't be welcome.
This forum could be a good recruiting tool for the club.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 10:34 pm:

What'd I miss, what'd I miss? What was it? Was it Obama? Taxes? Hemorrhoids? What? I knew I should have stuck around. Okay just for the record. I agree with whoever said it! Gun control? Civil rights? C'mon guys what'd I miss?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 10:39 pm:

Mike, it was a combination of #1 and 3..:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 11:54 pm:

Oh, well really I guess they're kinda the same thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 07:38 am:

Someone made a statement on a thread that was not a smart thing to say anywhere and it offended someOne.

So we lost a interesting thread because of that. I was not alive at the time Kennedy was shot and it was interesting reading what people wrote about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 08:49 am:

Mack,As usual you hit it on the head and more than once!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 09:09 am:

Mike & John,

Thank you for the hilarious laugh I just had, reading your posts on this Thanksgiving morning!

Some people on this forum just really like to get under other people's skin sometimes. I don't know if they are mean spirited or just having a bad day or if they have mental problems?

Dennis, I do think you said it best, though.

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 09:15 am:

I missed it too (and likely that's for the best). I was in second grade on November 22, 1963, and due to circumstances remember the day and events well (as well as a second grader is able). Since that time, I have felt it was not only a personal tragedy for the Kennedy family and nation, but a "sin" against our democracy, that one person (or two, or twenty, pick your conspiracy theory) could overturn the results of a national election by pulling a trigger.

For these reasons, if what was said (written) suggested a duly elected leader of our nation (and family man) should suffer the same fate, because that person, or a group of people, disagree with policies, I'm glad Chris took it down. If that's not what was written, then I'm sure Chris had good reason to pull it regardless, and I fully support his actions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 09:45 am:

The ham is ready for the oven, turkey starts at noon. Happy Thanks Giving to all, EVERYWHERE!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 10:56 am:

I'll second that!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 11:08 am:

Seeing turkeys aren't raised commercially here a 16 pounder in a Cuenca gringo style supermarket was $106us!! That wasn't going to happen when we considered we can buy a weeks worth of vegetables and fruits for ten bucks. So this year we decided to go vegan with chicken fried steak ;) , my secret mashed potatoes (secret is cream cheese :-) ) and steamed mixed vegetables :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 11:10 am:

Third! And I'm doing the cooking...give the wife a break.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Seager on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 11:18 am:

Hi,Paul, Must be a great at day at the coast. No rain!! Happy T day!!! Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 04:24 pm:

Well today I cooked my own thanksgiving today with the help of a lady friend. Butterball cajun turkey breast in a oven bag at 325 for 2 hours. Big elbow macaroni with 12 oz of New york extra sharp cheddar and real bovine butter instead of that stuff that is 1 molecule from plastic.
And a cheap box of stuffing.
I am still so bloated 4 hours later I can hardly walk.
I ate to much.
Dad's parrot seemed traumatized though. I guess maby he could tell another burd was being cooked! :>0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 06:03 pm:

Eric,

Sorry that I did not understand your post.
My reply was not negative, I didn't understand what or why you made the post.

Two additional people said essentially the same thing and a third suggested that it would be more appropriate on a Mopar site.

You replied with " no offense taken" and then said that you were going to sell your leftover T parts showing us that I was correct and your interest was no longer with Model T's.

As usual the guys on this site are car nuts and a few continued a discussion, with pictures etc., about Mopars which is usual when non-T automotive things show up on the board.

I don't understand why you called me out about a negative reply.

It might have been better if you had started the thread with a comment that you once to own a T but your interest changed so you sold it and now like Mopars, -- then go into details about your current vehicles.
As the first post reads it did not make sense.

(Message edited by Nhusa on November 26, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Buckley on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 07:47 pm:

First of all.. Happy Thanksgiving to ALL! Let's all remember what Thanksgiving day is all about, no,not that day before Black Friday Sales stampede! Giving thanks for the freedom we sometimes take for granted, that Many parts of the world,still do not enjoy. The other thread was started with good intentions, but like the old saying goes, "one bad apple can spoil the whole barrel". Rob H. and Rob P., I strongly agree with you both. This forum is such a wealth of information, for the "New" people, like myself", that I would be truly saddened, if it was taken away from us. This forum is to "promote", the hobby, not turn potential people away. Every time we drive our vehicles, how many people take pictures, ask questions, and are truly interested about the looks, of them? Anyway, it's time for my traditional Thanksgiving dinner, pizza and chicken wings! Be safe out there, and keep driving those T's!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 09:29 pm:

Some days this forum gets under my skin and causes me to go elsewhere. There are people on this forum that make me feel they think they're better than others. There are people on this forum that are able to see the humor in just about everything that is said. There are patient people on this forum that bring sanity to a lot of craziness. There are historians, engineers, super mechanics, smart asses and very sensitive people on this forum. There are people on this forum that hide in the weeds and ambush anyone that shows a lack of knowledge in many subjects. And there are people on this forum that can't wait to take offense. There are good, bad and as in my case a bit ugly people on this forum..

I've learned to enjoy this forum to no end. When I need it, I find camaraderie, humor, knowledge, respect, correction and every so often a need to think "I should have kept my mouth shut". But I keep coming back because I miss it when you bums ain't around.

So, I hope ya'll had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I hope your Christmas and New Years are the best.

God bless you all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 09:45 pm:

Recently on the Model T site on face book, a guy proudly posted a picture of his rat rod T. I guess it might have had a genuine T part on it somewhere. Several posted objection to his post. He really went off the deep end against those that posted against him. Complete with his language. He said he and his 8 yr old daughter would enjoy the car. Have not seen any more posts from him.
Things happen all over. Let's be thankful on this day that we have such an outstanding forum and someone like Chris to oversee it. I am surprised that face book did not pull his post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 10:18 pm:

Richard Goldman runs that page by himself, and can't watch it 24-7. He usually does remove posts where people get out of line, but he can't catch them all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 10:24 pm:

I hope to some day have an old-timey hot rod Model T with a flathead V8, a modern 5 speed transmission and a 9" ford rear end. I hope I don't get hated too much because of it.

Or Gees, I own a Model T speedster. Oh oh!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 08:03 am:

Mike, I'm with you on that. An early post-war style hotrod with a flathead is on my list as well. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 08:18 am:

Mine is in the works as we speak, but I won't post it here when it's finished. This isn't the proper place for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 10:42 pm:

This is the proper place to post pictures of it when it is being built Mike.
Most/some of us are interested in any car being built or restored.

Since my daily driver has a flathead V8 my hotrod (speedster) will have a model A engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 12:05 am:

Mike Walker, NW AR ..........EVERYTHING from START to FINISH and beyond in your "fix", "restoration", "refurbishing" or whatever it is you're doing totally belongs HERE.
If this site had nothing but photos of restored cars......well.......you get the idea....... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 12:25 am:

I agree this is the perfect place to show your project here Mike, even if OT. We're all car guys here and appreciate anything that has wheels and a motor....its going to be a long winter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 01:31 am:

Rat rods? Yeah, not so much. Surely there are scads of other websites where they're appropriate ....

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 10:06 am:

OT-OT-OT! -- Thanks for the encouragement, Guys, but I'm pretty sure that if any of us posted pics of a Hot Rod build here it would be met with a great deal of opposition. So I'll be posting pics of it on the HAMB site when I get a little farther along, since Traditional Hot Rods is what that site is all about. I'll post an OT link to it here, in case anyone wants to follow along.

Modern Street Rods do absolutely nothing for me. Just dial 1-800-$$$-$$$$ for your bolt-together parts. Real post-war Hot Rods were built one piece at a time, using used parts which were available to the builder, and with many of the components being hand built by the owner. Real Hot Rods get my blood to pumping. :-)

Rat Rods are another thing entirely. They do less than absolutely nothing for me. They are a recent development, not representative of what real Hot Rods were like, and they are a cop-out in my opinion.

Thanks again, Guys, but I think it's better to keep this site about Model T's, and to post Hot Rod builds on Hot Rod sites. And I don't want to make Chris's task any more difficult than it already is. :-)

(Message edited by coupelet on November 28, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 10:31 am:

All, I feel very ,very lucky when I purchased my T and was introduced to Mr. Lynn Cook who became a good friend and a special person in my life.. I knew nothing about Model T's but always was interested in them even as a young boy... Mr. Cook walked me through the complete rebuild of my engine, trans, and then rear-end... He has since passed and this forum is where I search for information concerning the T... My mentor that I could and would just pick up the phone and talk to with so many questions is missed dearly... I can still here him as he started every answer with "now Chester".
So having said all this, thanks to everyone who takes the time to read the forum and answer the sometimes stupid questions I ask... You probably either get pissed off at some of them or hopefully just have a good laugh....At the least you have always took the time to answer them as Mr. Cook would and that is truly appreciated...
I do try to research this forum for past questions so you don't have a bunch of repeat questions...
And finally Mr. Cook did an excellent job building the T, and is still as strong today as the day he built it....I still miss him as a person and friend....
Chet

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration