12 Touring wood spacer size between running board & rear fender

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 12 Touring wood spacer size between running board & rear fender
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 07:52 pm:

I know all of the running board spacers for the 12 model year were 11/16" thick. I'm trying to find out what the size of the rear block was that went between the running board and rear fender? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 11:10 pm:

Older post with good info.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/97817.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 11:46 pm:

Bob-
I believe they are all the same thickness, but a little different size. You also might need to whittle some notches where the sheet metal has a fold or where the splash apron fits. I'll try to send you some pics of mine.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 06:22 am:

Thanks all, I'd been through all the old post and that's when I determined they should be 11/16" thick for my year (1912). I only found one post that stated the size from 07'post. These were measured off a car that was being disassembled and said there were 3 different sizes so don't think they were originals. Sizes were as follows;
Front-2 1/8w x 7 7/8L x1/2" thick (45 bevel on one edge)
Run Board-1 1/2"w x 7 7/8"L x 3/4 thick
Rear Fender 1 1/2" x 7 7/8"L x 1/2" thick
It would appear the thickness of all these spacers was incorrect. anyone have knowledge if the other sizes of the blocks appear correct? Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 10:48 am:

Randall Anderson makes new ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 11:29 am:

Actually I don't, but my brother does. I asked him about it and he says they are 9/16" thick.

A complete set of blocks (8 pieces) for one car is 10 bucks, in case anyone's interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 11:31 am:

I meant that the rear fender blocks are 9/16". The other blocks are different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 05:21 pm:

Thanks for the info, I'm getting the special rear bow tapered piece from him now, I'll get him to put them in the same order. Thanks!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration