All in a days work

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: All in a days work
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 07:23 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 07:39 pm:

Wow, looks like you have enough running boards for years to come there :-)
Now how about tooling up for some late body parts, like 26/27 runabout bodies? There just might be a demand out there? So the rodders won't have to cut up originals..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 07:45 pm:

Holy cow! That's a lotta running boards!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 07:45 pm:

Over the years, I have bought numerous fenders, hoods, and ect from Rootliebs. Each one was a work of art. Keep up the great work!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Cook, Geneva,NSW Australia on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 08:17 pm:

I agree David, the body parts from Rootleib's shop are top quality. Chris.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 08:32 pm:

Being past and future customers, Sandy and I called into Rootlieb's last January and were shown around the factory by Tom.
Its an amazing place producing top quality products and we were made to feel completely comfortable when Tom showed us his own personal collection of (not just) Model T cars & parts. We were also shown a single piece of flat steel being pressed from a flat into a finished '14 hood handle...which was given to us as a memento.
Probably not rating very highly with a lot of folk, that visit was something I'll never forget.
Top Company, Rootliebs.......Top guy, Tom.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 03:30 am:

Woah... Are some being sold as steps for a ford themed staircase in a building? So many running boards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 03:31 am:

That's amazing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 02:46 pm:

What's really amazing is that there is enough demand for them to make that many--and to invest in the stamping machine to do them! Running boards aren't that thin of material!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 03:35 pm:

Very darned impressive. _Guys like Tom Rootlieb are the reason there will always be Model T Fords on the road. _Uh... any chance for a little repro running-board toolbox with a key-lock? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 03:52 pm:

WOW!!! Kinda makes ya feel warm and fuzzy to know its going to be available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 09:04 pm:

Thank you all for your kind words. When I walked by that scene, I thought some of you would enjoy it. However, being a fan of lots of things mechanical, what came to my mind as I was in the midst of producing those stacks of running boards, was that in Jan 1863 just down the road in Sacramento, the first rails of the Central Pacific were being laid to head east. Six months later a child was born in Michigan who would have his own effect on transportation. And now, 152 yrs. later, here am I feeling that effect every single day of my life. Now, that is what I call impressive. Were there no Henry Ford, who knows where I would be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 09:19 pm:

I forgot to add that what you are looking at are 1913-25 boards. What you see in the picture, would NOT have lasted till lunch time on the assembly line. Think about that one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 09:23 pm:

Tom: Sure would like to see some of the equipment used to produce some of the T parts. I promise I won't compare it to what Henry used.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 09:27 pm:

In fact they wouldn't have lasted 2 hrs when they really got rolling.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration