T engines cost at an auction

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: T engines cost at an auction
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 07:52 pm:

Today is the first day of two near Overbrook Ks. I met four forum guys there. So far one engine/tranny with a TT frame went for 60.00. I was day dreaming and missed that one. It had been outside for years. I bought one that was kept indoors for 90.00. One went for 25.00. Two left for tomorrow. The other guys better bring their check books cause I'm those two. All the engines so far are the "Improved" car engines.

Tomorrow a 24 roadster and a TT will be sold. Also a 1925 Chrysler Model 75. Several AA's. And a bunch of old farm tractors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 07:55 pm:

oops, 1929 Chrysler Model 75.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 02:56 am:

Tyrone, if you get a chance tomorrow, say Howdy to Marty Higgenbotham for me. He is a great auctioneer and knows more about more stuff than anybody I have ever known. I don't know if he would remember me but I have met him at the National Auctioneers Convention several times and shared a panel with him one time on starting out in the auction business. It was called, "Kicking a Hole in the Auction Business."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 05:41 pm:

So,.....Tyrone....did you score those 2 T motors?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 05:59 pm:

No George, I got out bid by 75.00 on the better one and decided not to bid on the other. Ended up with the whole TT, did not get the T roadster, it went for 7,000 but did score the Chrysler Model 75. Went for 29,000. I was amazed how poor the bids were. The tractors, depending on which one, were going anywhere from 200.00 to 1,800.00. They got 4,000 for the big army jeep thing, 2,900 I believe for the mustang, no more than a few hundred for the heavy trucks. The top bid on the house and land was 89,000. There was a reserve of 120,000. So it did not sell. Yeah, all those people there yet only maybe 20-30 ever bid.

How's your trip? Did you enjoy yourself?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 06:05 pm:

I did not get your mail to say hello for you but I agree he is a heck of a guy. And his grandson whom he has raise is just a man as Marty. Good Godly men for sure. I wish I could have said hello for you, however I believe I am going back tomorrow to pick up stuff wife bought. If he is there, I will certainly say hello for you.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration