Stewart tire pump on e-bay. how did it work .??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Stewart tire pump on e-bay. how did it work .??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 09:01 pm:

There is a neat Stewart tire pump on e-bay. Anyone know how it was mounted. ?? The seller says it is missing the speedometer gear, but that could not be how it works. You would have to be driving for it to pump. I lean toward a flat belt pulley like a water pump and somehow get power from the fan belt . ?? but I really have no clue. Would make a neat addition to the speedster project if it is somehow appropriate for a late 20s era. Thanks ... Donnie Brown ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1916-Stewart-tire-pump-for-Model-T-Ford-/2317354 92578?hash=item35f482ffe2:g:yjMAAOSw5ZBWMidB&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 12:29 am:

It's gear driven.

Do some Googling and you'll understand how it works:

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=%22stewart+tire+pump%22&ie= UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&gws_rd=ssl

In the ads, it doesn't appear to be marketed to Ford owners.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 01:25 am:

Erik, Thanks for the link to all the ads. It does look like it was meant for the big car market. But it could not be a "fit all" type of thing. There must have been different gears and brackets for all the different makes of cars. There really is no easy spot to mount a gear on a T. I guess the speedster project may have to do with out it. Thanks again ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 01:35 am:

See this link on the forum where someone Rube Goldberged it on a water pump. I don't think this would work well since the water pump is belt driven.

Also - look at the Benn ad that shows a combination lower pulley/gear.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/165907.html?1287613217

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 02:46 am:

There were similar ones made for Model T's that used the fan belt to supply power.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 10:40 am:

Erik, Thanks again. It appears that there were models or gears that worked on a Ford T. The best way would be like the Benn model with a front crank pulley with a gear attached. I may still need it :-) Not really very useful, but really neat ..

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration