Model T Limo On T-Bay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Model T Limo On T-Bay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, October 30, 2015 - 10:26 pm:

Sure looks like a lot of T to bring to a stop.

Here's the link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Limousine-/272028978306?forcerrptr=true&has h=item3f5630cc82:g:zK8AAOSwI-BWL89H&item=272028978306

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 11:54 am:

I wonder how much they spent to make that monstrosity out of a perfectly good piece?

Probably on Ebay because they couldn't break even renting it out for weddings, bachelor parties and high school proms.

Losers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 12:14 pm:

Read the article first before judging:
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://clubs.hemmings.com/ea cc/RBJune2010web.pdf&ved=0CBoQFjAAahUKEwizlM7TlOTIAhUNLYgKHZu1AIc&usg=AFQjCNEm9I hGPbd-srMq-EfLUIXBO13bvA

No loser there, just a great car guy that managed to create this with his wife at 87 :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 05:24 pm:

I would enjoy having this car. Would sure generate a lot of interest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 05:38 pm:

I love it too! But won't bid on it because I already have too many Ts. Envision that front top bow. Wonder what it'd look like with the top down?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 05:53 pm:

I like it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 07:30 pm:

I like it also. Lots of work. Nice project created from a pile of parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jason macintyre on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 07:47 pm:

I actually went to see it last week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Power on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 09:50 pm:

Hello Roger. Thanks for the info. I give this 87 year old [and his wife] alot of credit. To build this out of a pile of parts. More power to him. Would love to see their next project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 12:33 pm:

>>>Read the article first before judging...<<<

Thanks for the article, Roger.

Well God bless 'em for being well enough and wealthy enough at their age to engage in this kind of "creativity" but seriously, the best thing that can be said about building this aberration is that they didn't cut up an intact car to do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 12:41 pm:

Really interesting....back in the day what was the stretch T called? A Toady? Wasn't Fast Frank going to build one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 01:06 pm:

The only thing I can criticize it for is the amount of space it would take up in the garage.

I like it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 01:15 pm:

I like it it as well ...

(3) Model T's were used in the making of the Muenster Hot Rod ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 03:42 pm:

People can do with their property whatever they want but this is exactly like putting tractor tires on a pickup truck and driving it over parked cars.

What is that all about?

(Message edited by jesselashcraft on November 01, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 04:43 pm:

It's about having fun rather than going through life pissed off that nobody else is enjoying YOUR hobby correctly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 07:57 pm:

Fewer doors but almost as long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Monday, November 02, 2015 - 09:56 am:

>>>It's about having fun rather than going through life pissed off that nobody else is enjoying YOUR hobby correctly.<<<

I have to admit, I was relieved to find out he didn't cut up an existing car to do it and I bet I wasn't the only one.

But maybe I got Mr. Ellis all wrong. Perhaps he's a brilliant and subversive Canadian artist making a statement about American excess. It certainly got a visceral and emotional reaction from me but then good art is supposed to be controversial.

The Model T Ford as radical, functional sculpture: fitting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Monday, November 02, 2015 - 12:19 pm:

It's a nice job and I like it also. I wonder if he's just selling it for garage space/move on to the next project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Williamson - NSW, Australia on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 03:57 pm:

I see it's been resisted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 04:10 pm:

Yes Mark ...

Those who wished to buy it ...

Resisted ...

And so it was ....

Relisted !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 04:13 pm:

Here is the current auction link:

@ http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Limousine-/272036801689?forcerrptr=true&has h=item3f56a82c99:g:zK8AAOSwI-BWL89H&item=272036801689

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 05:13 pm:

That is strange. It had a winning bid on it and no reserve. Did he pull it at the last minute because he did not like the bidding?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration