Nice late '15 touring on eBay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Nice late '15 touring on eBay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 09:33 am:

This is a great example of what Ford was producing in late May - June 1915 towards the end of 1915 production. It is missing its horn and engine pans, otherwise seems to be very correct except for perhaps a light restoration in the 1960's perhaps.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Touring-/201455474920?forcerrptr=true&hash= item2ee7ae98e8:g:5SIAAOSwhcJWLSr3&item=201455474920

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 09:58 am:

Royce

As you stated, that is a nice one, even down to the correct brass flip top oilers on the king pins!

But?...shouldn't the rear axle be the one with smooth backing plates, the axle on this T is 1914.
By late May, the '15 axle should be on this one.

1915 style

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 10:22 am:

Dan,

I saw that too. I don't think it would be ot of the question for a couple 1914 style axle assemblies to have languished around until May 1915, but who knows - it could have been changed in the last 100 years too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 10:23 am:

The rivet axle is exactly like the one on my 1914. 1915 had the round housing with the fill/drain plug in the center of the axle housing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 10:48 am:

Even has correct hard-to-find rear curtain trim. I like the original side curtains, too.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 12:56 pm:

It is hard to believe that Top and Upholstery is original and survived 100 years in that condition. It's possible but surprising.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Fowler - Eagle River, Alaska on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 09:22 pm:

I read that during the 1915 production the 15 rear ends were not being produced quick enough and Henry instructed the use of 14 rear ends when necessary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 02:19 am:

I think the upholstery and top were replaced many years ago. The rear window is not age yellowed and the forward ends of the backrest upholstery (where your hand would rest) should be a leather piece not "leatherette" like the rest of the seat upholstery. Also headlight plugs have been changed from the elbow style to straight. Is there either a bulb or a brass bell magneto horn? I don't see one. The carb has been changed to an NH rather than Holly G or Kingston. Otherwise a really good looking unmolested original car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 04:46 am:

There was a 15 Canadian touring for sale a couple of years ago in Adelaide, an unrestored original. It had the 13-14 style riveted diff centre and the steering column with the two piece riveted gear case, as well as a magneto horn with brass trumpet.

Is that a brass fan arm? Is it also an NH Holley carburetor?

The trim is too good not to have been replaced, perhaps long ago, but not the original, in my opinion. That said, it is not a car I would want to restore. Just keep it tidy and use it as is.

Allan from down under.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration