ID This Body?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: ID This Body?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 11:18 am:

I recently stopped in to see a fellow's collection of cars. One of them was this commercial-bodied Model T. Its owner would like to know what company made the body. The front corners of the cab are rounded, but the glass in them is flat. It has sliding doors, with vertical fixed windows behind them. Any ideas?

body

b2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 03:09 pm:

Does anyone recognize this body?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 03:49 pm:

Never saw one like that but I do like the curved front corners, better for in the wind tunnel at high speeds!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 10:22 am:

Still hoping for some info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 04:50 pm:

Mike,

I looked through the "Ford Trucks Since 1905" book from 1905 to 1929 years but I did not see any with the curved front style.

If the wood on the truck is still the original wood, I would suggest looking around the seat area, on the floor in front of the seat etc. for some sort of body maker mark etc. In the case of one Columbia truck cab, below are photos where their body name and number were stamped:

The only truck cab/body I remember seeing with the curved front sides is on page 354 of Bruce McCalley's (R.I.P.) "Model T Ford." That is available reprint in soft bond from the club at: http://modeltstore.myshopify.com/collections/books/products/model-t-ford-the-car-that-changed-the-world I'm 90% sure that illustration would have also been previously published in the "Vintage Ford" but I do not have time to look for it at the moment. And it appears to have come from a Ford Ton Truck advertisement or brochure. It is on a Ton Chassis but most of the body makers offered similar bodies for the car as well as the Ton Truck chassis.

Hopefully the owner will find a name stamped on the body or someone else will remember seeing a similar body.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 06:10 pm:

Ed Archer has a twenties Chevy truck with a body like that. His actually has curved glass in the front corners.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 01:59 am:

I've seen some pictures of bodies with the curved corners similar to that, that had curved glass. I'm pretty sure they were on this forum several years ago. Seems to me they were Canadian aftermarket bodies? Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 02:03 pm:

May I offer the following 1921 pattern book design that has similar features as the photographs presented for the van.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration