TT C-Cab Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: TT C-Cab Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 12:40 am:

Have a look at the cab on this truck and tell me what we are looking at ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66CiKrISUzU

Latter day custom ? Period lengthening extension ? The rear side panels
are nothing like mine (or any other I have seen), yet look like period
construction. Upright windshield ???

Confused in Wichita

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 01:00 am:

A custom made back half. Not the right rear panel as the stock one is 2 halves. Not the right rear window. No door on drivers side and the "C,s" are home made. I think it is a front of a touring and custom made rear from the cowling back

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 01:26 am:

Think this video from Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 06:01 am:

Bob,

Australia did/does have a lot of custom bodies so that is a logical thought. But in this case I think we can rule out Australia. The steering in on the left side (although an imported LHD steering and hogs head etc. could have been installed). And they are not speaking English in the video. That led me to look a little closer. The club plate on the front of the truck is from the “The Vintage Truck Association of Finland (VTAF)” their web site is: http://www.vetku.fi/component/content/article/18-vetku/141-the-vintage-truck-association .

I agree it appears to be a custom made back half for the cab. But it is a nice looking TT. I really like the way they did the truck bed. The extra work they put into the bed made it really beautiful. And it looks like the sides can fold down so it can also be a flat bed if you had an oversize object to haul.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 06:39 am:

The comment by the video poster says it's rare to see these antiques in Finland.

quote:

Vanha antiikki kuorma-auto joka on harvinainen näky Suomen maantiellä. Tuuri peliä jotta tuollaisen vanhan kuormurin pystyy tallentamaan sony Handycam kameran kennolle.Mikähän on tuon vanhan auton historia?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, November 02, 2015 - 05:25 am:

The timberwork is typical of the craftsmanship and construction methods of the time. It is a great example. Nice to see the ironwork so well done. The drop sides are typical of such trucks in Australia. One of the difficulties today is sourcing the square nuts to go with carriage bolts.
The low radiator, narrow apron on the radiator shell and the lack of lip on the front mudguards would indicate a 1922 model here.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, November 02, 2015 - 06:18 am:

It's very similar in cab design to many TT's that were sold here in neighboring Sweden. No US made cabs on the commercial Fords here during the period, all were locally made, perhaps due to import costs.
It's possible some Swedish made cabs were sold in Finland, though most likely Finnish cabs were locally made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, November 02, 2015 - 06:28 am:

Here's a typical Swedish TT:

And here's a Norwegian TT:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, November 02, 2015 - 03:25 pm:

Those are some nice looking trucks!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration