New......

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: New......
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jason cornick on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 09:27 am:

just bought this.....it was painted up to look old for a movie, but seems to be all there, trying to get it running, the bendix is screwed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 09:30 am:

It is old. LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 09:32 am:

Very cool Jason and as we say around here welcome to the affliction:-) Is it the bendix or just the spring that is bad?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 09:32 am:

Looks great, nice patina! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 10:34 am:

Use the crank nice rig mate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan brinkman jr on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 10:59 am:

Sounds like a government job here in the states.
1. Find old truck
2. Restore to original condition
3. Then rework it to look like it did when they found it.
Oh ! I forgot the most important part.
DO A STUDY ON EACH STEP FIRST at twice the cost of doing the work.
Great looking ride ! Have fun with it.
Jan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jason cornick on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 02:19 pm:

one of the bolts came out and got jammed on the spring and ruined it, I almost had it going on the crank, but 2 of the pawls are bad so the handle skips every now and then, guess i'll wait for the new one to show up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 02:34 pm:

Jason not knowing what you know about T models, you have to take the bendix off to remove the starter. You may want to check to see if the starter shaft is bent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jason cornick on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 03:36 pm:

learning as I go, being a mechanic it's not to much of a stretch, I spun the motor the shaft looks straight, but the bendix would not throw in, plus the flywheel has some teeth chewed up, but starting in 6 degree Celsius weather does not help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steven miller on Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 06:48 pm:

6 degrees may be the hottest you'll have until spring. A switch to 10w30 oil may help with hand cranking. The car is probably overdue for an oil change anyway.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration