What is this bracket for?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What is this bracket for?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris George on Monday, November 02, 2015 - 08:22 pm:

What is the half moon shaped bracket for on top of this engine? The car is a 1926. Thank you
[URL=http://s266.photobucket.com/user/georgeskustomauto/media/20151102_074409_zpsrfwz k2tv.jpg.html][IMG]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii268/georgeskustomauto/20151102_074409_zpsrf wzk2tv.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, November 02, 2015 - 08:57 pm:

Chris, Not sure what its for. Ive never seen anything like it before. Some of the other things in you pictures are neat. What is the transmission with the special mounting bracket. ??? Never seen that one either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris George on Monday, November 02, 2015 - 09:03 pm:

That other pic is of an trans mounted in a 1916 Model T runabout. Not sure what the trans came out of originally, has the number 328650 cast in it. I made another post looking for info on that bracket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 12:12 am:

Hi Chris,

I believe that the half moon shaped bracket is the remains of an oil can holder. The transmission may be Chevrolet model 490. My two cents worth, perhaps over valued.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 10:27 am:

Chris,

Something went there once.

Seriously, it looks homemade and could had held just about anything. Some sort of horn?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration