Old Photo - Turning Japanese

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Turning Japanese
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 12:10 am:

Haro ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 10:55 am:

I am digging those street lights !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 11:46 am:

The two cars, center and right look to have some type of duster or boot around the tires. The one in the middle looks like a small broom attached to the front wheel. Enlarge the photo to see better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 01:36 pm:

In some places the businesses would burn the packing crates and any other scraps for heat, then throw the ashes with nails out in the street. When it was a real problem and you drove much there the car and truck owners with pneumatic tires would put scrapers on the tires to try to keep the nails that got picked up by the tires from getting embedded and puncturing the tires. Hard rubber tire salesmen loved nails. Most localities banned spreading ashes in the street. Duh!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 01:38 pm:

Oh yeah, if you think it was a problem with tires, how about horses!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Bracknell United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 05:59 pm:

I used to do antique cars in movies, the carpenters constructing sets used to leave nails scattered everywhere. One of my friends did horse-drawn stuff and he used to walk around with his eyes on the ground, would have a pocketful by the end of the day. Used to say 'you just have to change a tyre, I can end up with a permanently lame 2000 horse'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 10:12 pm:

That's why I use hard rubber tyres on all my horses.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration