Distributer gear left or right ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Distributer gear left or right ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willi Kuehnis on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 12:37 am:

Hi,

I have a T with a TTparts distributer. Now my brother has also a T, but this distributer has the thread to the other direction. This distributer is in a bad condition, so I want to replace it also with a TTparts distributer. But I don't know if I have to remove the small gear on the cam shaft to the same direction.

Question: Do all cams shafts have the same direction thread ?

Thanks

Willi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 01:36 am:

Do you mean the distributors turns different directions?
That depends on the gears, all camshafts has the same RH thread :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willi Kuehnis on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 07:48 am:

OK,
thanks. "All camshafts have the same thread" is important to me to remove the gear.

Yes, one of our distributors turns to the other direction. That's the reason, why they couldn't directly go with the timer adjusting rod to the distributor.

Willi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 09:32 am:

This thread shows a bell crank for the timing adjusting rod on a distributor that rotates the "wrong" way: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/25816.html?1173751459

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 11:33 am:

I had one of that type of dizzy Rodger. I never compared the drive housing to the TT design that I have on my T With a counter clockwise rotation. it must be different. On the clock wise rotation dizzy the fly weights will work the advance, on the counter clock wise rotation the fly weights do not work. I don't know who made the clockwise design drive set up but it advances with engine speed.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration