1915 Front perch question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1915 Front perch question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 08:16 am:

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for front spring perches for my 15 that was converted to the later style, to bring it back to 1915. Found some perches that the seller says are from 1917-1919. They are double hole like I'm looking for. Question, are they for 1915 as well? I didn't think there were that many versions of perches

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 08:19 am:

The ones mentioned have a hole in the top for an oiler. The 15's did not; their oilers were on the shackles. You can fill the hole to make them look correct. With or without the hole, they will work on your '15.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 08:22 am:

Thanks. I assume I'll need a new wishbone as well that goes above the axle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 08:28 am:

Yes, and that is a tough item to locate in favorable condition !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 05:48 pm:

And you WILL need an accessory lower wishbone too, for safety.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 07:26 pm:

The brace is a good idea, and era correct if done right.
Check early wishbones carefully. The material is thinner than later ones and it doesn't take a lot of rust to weaken them dangerously (inside or out). When I was putting together my '13 (same wishbone), I looked for two years and didn't find one I was willing to trust. I wound up making one. It is considerably stronger and more ridged than any original. Within a couple months of painted and installed under my car, I found and got two nice originals. Both have since found their way into cars. Sorry, no extras still.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 07:38 am:

Thanks Guys, Found a wishbone....I'll be ordering the brace today

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration