1913 Barn Find.....CL

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1913 Barn Find.....CL
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 08:24 am:

http://greenbay.craigslist.org/cto/5275915934.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 08:48 am:

Would be nice to be able to check this T out. Can anybody tell me what the box left of the steering column is?

Happy motoring,

Warren

1913 Touring, original inside and out

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 08:51 am:

Master vibrator?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 09:24 am:

Sure looks like one.

See better pictures of some on this thread:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/30648.html

Warren, are you going to Wisconsin to investigate this one?

(Message edited by adave on November 03, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 10:02 am:

It is a KW Master Vibrator (accessory coil). Looks like it's running on that one coil, as the coil box looks empty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 10:32 am:

The windshield on this car is an uncommon Rands with equal halves. This car is in about the same shape mine was in when I bought it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 09:37 pm:

Maybe Marvin can check it out. He lives pretty close.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 09:53 pm:

Too bad that car was a victim of poor storage.

Barn findů.this is what happens when you don't maintain the barn roof.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 10:26 pm:

A KW Master Vibrator requires four coils in the coilbox for the engine to run.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 12:07 am:

Just saw the Forum thread. I've just had an injection into my arthritic hip, so don't know if I'm able to provide quick input.... Location is about 60 miles due north from me, according the map provided. Am going to contact an owner of a '14 who lives in Green Bay & give him the info. 'Help' comes from all over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 11:54 am:

Talked with my friend, who has some familiarity with the car...."Rough", wood & metal, some 'Johnny Cash' car. "Pass at that price." (That's coming from the 'FYI Dept.')
Marv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 02:48 pm:

"Rough"

That's the best word to use for this 1914 touring body for sale at Hershey this year.

Really caught my eye while passing by, thought maybe the plywood risers were not too bad, some pine and oak wood there too....

Price was really interesting...

until....

scroll down a ways!

..til walking around to the passenger side and seeing 1/2" chucks of Bondo falling off rusted through and dented worn out original sheetmetal! Oh..Oh..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 10:17 pm:

-Robert, and others having an interest-
I was able to track down another T-owner further north of me, who has actually seen the car, albeit a couple of years ago. He said the car was original, other than the rear axle, which he thought would also need need some work. Other than to replace the driver's side fenders and splash apron, he recalled a thought of the body being fairly 'sound'. Demountables, non-running, and maybe a bit 'steep', but doesn't know if the guy would do any compromise. Hope that helps someone.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration