Old Photo - Model T Era - Steuben's Garage

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Model T Era - Steuben's Garage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 10:40 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Myers on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 11:11 am:

Very interesting picture!! looks like the one of the cars is levitating off the ground. The more I look at this picture the more oddities I notice.
Is the other car used as a crane to hold it off the ground? I looks like the cables are hooked into the top irons of the car?? It also looks like the crane care has two steering wheels or is that a reflection?
Also the rear wheels of the crane car has extra spokes. looks like a dead coyote hanging off the back of the levitated car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 11:21 am:

Randy,

The extra Steering wheel is a reflection in the windshield of the tow car.
This isn't just a tow truck/car but a pick up. T's are so lite that I doubt you could do this trick with other larger cars of the day.

Great photo.
Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 11:41 am:

the ford is lifted by the frt and rear if you look close you can see the cables at the tire carrier & the boom in frt.the converted car is a heavy one maybe a pope, buy the hood & rad. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 03:22 pm:

Split boom. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 03:45 pm:

A picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 04:18 pm:

i may be wrong but i think they are lifting it by the tire carrier?????????? charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 06:01 pm:

I think they were showing off the powerful tow truck the tire and rags are to protect the back of the car the front cable is hooked to the engine and the hood is put on loose

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration