1926 Coupe mirror mounting holes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1926 Coupe mirror mounting holes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 10:58 am:

I decided to tackle the rust, bodywork, and paint on my 1926 coupe as a labor of love.

I'm unearthing various previous issues, like large dents filled with way too much Bondo, etc. To be expected, for sure.

Both driver and passenger A pillars have some holes in them (I assume for mirrors). I don't believe they are Ford original, so I am considering welding them closed.

Driver Side

Passenger Side

Are there supposed to be holes for external mirrors on a 26 coupe?

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 11:26 am:

No, any external mirrors were an aftermarket accessory. All enclosed cars came with the interior header mounted mirror. Replacements were available from the dealer for 75 cents or $1.25, depending on which source you believe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 12:09 pm:

If you don't have mirrors I would suggest using the holes and mount some. If you drive the car they are a good safety item along with brake lights and turn signals.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 01:52 pm:

Hinge pin mounted mirrors are a better bet. No holes. Mounts in the existing door hinge pin.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration