Hagerty Insurance

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Hagerty Insurance
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 11:56 am:

Please note I am NOT bashing Hagerty insurance, they appear to be a good company with reasonable rates and always very helpful on the phone.

BUT, that being said, be sure to review your policy before blindly paying it. This year they unilaterally added $31 to my policy for insurance on "tools and spare parts", ..... which I don't need.

Fine if you need it, but a "heads up" would have been nice. ;o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 12:38 pm:

I just renewed on line and the tools and spare parts rider was a check box. I unchecked it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 01:05 pm:

They simply offered me the additional coverage, they didn't "unilaterally" add it. There were two boxes on my bill, one with the same coverage as usual, and one with the added coverage for tools, etc. I simply checked off the box I wanted and paid my bill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis E. Towle on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 03:27 pm:

As much money as I have in my antique tools just for the model t that would be a great add on. My Stevens New York wheel hub cap thread repair tool alone cost me 300

Travis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 05:28 pm:

Huh, I must not be special enough to get that. I paid my bill a couple months ago, I just went and checked and there was no sign of a "Spare parts and tools" addition on there.

I have had them give me different options over the years on billings, and yes, if you choose not to opt out it was more. Is it wrong for them to just add it on and make you opt out? I believe so, but unfortunately, that is the world we live in. And yes, you have to (or should be) checking your bill before you pay it. It still doesn't make them bad, just business savvy in my eyes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 07:03 pm:

I have been a Hagerty client for 1 year as of the 14th of this month and just renewed about a week ago. Two days ago I had to use their tow service. Such a bummer, but so glad I had it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 11:14 pm:

I had the same tools option checked on mine too when I renewed online.
One click saved me $31........are you listening Steve Jelf?....... :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 11:25 pm:

Yep, I've noticed this on several websites when paying bills. They give you a choice, but the thing they want you to do is checked and you have to uncheck it if you don't want it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 12:59 am:

On the other hand it's STILL far simpler than trying to figure out a phone bill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 05:38 pm:

On a similar note my regular car policy had a new gotcha. They (State Farm) will automatically place you on "Primary Medical Personal Injury Protection" vs "Excess Medical PIP" if you are of Medicare age. They assume that since you qualify for Medicare you will not have a regular health care policy or if you do it will exclude coverage of injuries from auto accidents. I now have to take a copy of my regular BC/BS policy, that does not exclude auto related injuries, to my agent so I can get changed back to "Excess Medical PIP". Don't know the cost difference yet.
Read your policy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 05:42 pm:

My tools are covered by my home owners insurance - yours probably are too.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 06:09 pm:

How does the tool and parts coverage work when you have a loss? Do you have to have receipts for your claim? Most of what I carry is bought at Swap Meets, no receipts, some modern tools bought 30 40 years ago and the content of carry items change from a short tour to maybe 5000 mile trip.

Anyone have any experience. Just asking, it sounds like a good idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Manlove on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 06:13 pm:

Read your homeowners policy carefully. Most only cover 1000.00 or so on tools unless you have a specific rider for them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 10:40 am:

Mike,

Hagerty might know the answer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 11:04 am:

Homeowners better be darn specific. I know 2 people affected by Sandy that got totally screwed on garage kept stuff that got submerged. Of course almost all those companies got pretty slippery when faced with so many claims.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration