When and where was my car built?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: When and where was my car built?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 02:52 pm:

Hi,
How do I find out when and where my T was built. It is serial number 12726473.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 04:15 pm:

"When" as when the engine was built and stamped is easy, it was November 16, 1925 and it was likely put in an early 26 model T some days later (or weeks if the assembly plant was distant).
November 16 was the first day when 100% of the production got the reinforcing straps from the new hogshead to engine bolts down to the crank case arms.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 04:22 pm:

Sometimes (rarely) the assembly plant where the car was built can be seen by a stamped code in the body subframe of some 26/27 closed cars (not Fordors)
Other times such info has been seen stamped on floorboards.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration