OT - Knoxville, TN members please help Norah get her Model T running & teach her to drive ... :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Knoxville, TN members please help Norah get her Model T running & teach her to drive ... :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 03:31 pm:

The best stories for me are always the ones involving family ...

Today I picked up this 1922 Model T from Eleanor Gerber in Ohio.

Eleanor & Richard married in 1957 in Midway City, CA.

Richard had a Model T & they both joined the Long Beach Model T Club.

Their Model T was stolen in 1965.

Eleanor & her husband Richard got this 1922 Model T Touring back in 1968 in a trade for a T coupe body when they lived in Ojai, CA (Ventura County).

The owner's wife did not like the wind blowing in her hair when she drove down the road ...

The owner had but one request - that they agree to never hot rod it.

They never did.

Their daughter Michele remembers riding on the top of crushed aluminum cans they collected on the weekends - Dad would have to back up the hills to keep from running out of gas when the tank was low.

Richard passed from cancer several years ago but one of the last things he was able to enjoy was the Ford Centennial Celebration.

Richard wanted Eleanor's sister Norah to have this car ....

So - I picked it up today.

It last ran in 2000.

Norah needs help getting it to run & needs driving lessons so she can get it back on the road.

Any members in Knoxville, TN want to lend a hand ?

I will be dropping off this Friday around 10:00 a.m. in Powell, TN.

PM or call me if you can help Norah out ... :-)

Thanks!

Freighter Jim
(260) 804-6695

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 05:40 pm:

Bump

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 05:53 pm:

Jim, there are several T people in Powell, I am sure one or more of them would be glad to help.
Or have her contact me and I will get her some information. 865-966-1410
I live on the other side of the city from Powell about 30 miles.
Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 06:12 pm:

Rick,

Will do ....

Thank you for posting.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 07:48 am:

Bump

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 09:23 am:

Freighter Jim you are a good man!

N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 04:30 pm:

So why is this OT it seems all T related to me Fixin a T
Drivin a T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 05:01 pm:

Not to be Negative but the car in the pictures looks to need a general restoration just to make it safe to drive. I would not rush to get this one just running. The body looks to be coming apart......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 05:06 pm:

Freighter Jim, here's a goofy request. Post a picture of yourself so we can associate a face to a good guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 05:48 pm:

Thanks Guys !

This T is actually in pretty good shape.

It is PACKED w/ unrelated items including Xmas presents .... :-)

Speaking of good people - today I dropped off Evans' jack donation at the MTFCA Museum in Richmond, IN and had lunch with Jay & Barbara ...

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 06:14 pm:

Did Jay need the jack to lift your plate up to the lunch table?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 06:22 pm:

I guess we all reach a point where we need some assistance, but that walker Jay is using is weird-looking.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 04:20 pm:

Dropping off around 10:00 a.m. in the morning .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 08:18 am:

I think Norahs' husband & Dad (who have both passed) helped out Friday to unload by keeping the rain away just long enough ....

I got goodies for the road .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 10:37 am:

That's east Tennessee for sure, steep driveways.
Good job Jim !!

Rick

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration