Two Carbide Generator Questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Two Carbide Generator Questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Sommers on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 06:37 pm:

I have a 13 Touring, and it has two carbide generators (one extra). The first is pictured below. To me, it has an odd fitting that is made for two rubber hoses, as opposed to one, like I have seen on other cars. Does anyone know the origin of this unit?

The second question relates to the "spare" carbide generator. It appears more standard, but it has seen better days. Is there some place that I could send it to have it repaired / rebuilt?

Thanks...lCarbide1Carbide2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 06:14 am:

Maybe the second connection was for a rear light?
Model T's had an oil lamp in the back, but some other types of cars had carbide lights in the rear - and motorcycles had it too.

The standard carbide generator for 1913-14 Fords was black and made of sheet metal with minor brass trim:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/383231.html?1377551605

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration