Simple Browser Magnification

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Simple Browser Magnification
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 10:14 am:

I just realized I've been using a browser feature for years that might be useful to some forum members. I was looking at the "rosie the riveter" post and wanted to magnify the picture to look for details.

If your using Windows with either the Internet Explorer browser or the Firefox browser, a simple way to magnify the screen is to hold down the control key <ctrl> and push the + key. Works best if you have a separate numeric keypad, but will also work with <shift> + if you don't.

<ctrl> 0 (that's a zero) will revert the screen to normal size and <ctrl> - will shrink the screen. Of course it works best with hi res pictures or if you just want to make the screen font larger.

May work on the Chrome browser too, haven't tried it.

BTW I'm pretty sure Rosie's car has the over the axle wishbone ;o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 10:41 am:

It works the same way on a Mac except you use command, not control. Use <command> + for bigger, <command> - for smaller, and <command> 0 to go back to normal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 10:47 am:

If your computer has a mouse with a scroll wheel, a simple turn of the wheel while depressing 'ctrl' will also enlarge/reduce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 01:44 pm:

Steve, that works for me on the iMac, but only with text can you enlarge/shrink photos with those same commands on your Mac?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 01:58 pm:

In the upper right corner of your internet screen there are three icons. A house,a star,and a rosette or gear. Click on the gear and you will get a zoom prompt. Move your cursor over to the zoom title and a window will pop up with a lot of zoom size selections. It's that simple, you already have it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 03:03 pm:

Thanks all, This thread helps when you cant find your reading glasses

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration