My days are numbered-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: My days are numbered-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 01:58 pm:

Might be what this blacksmith is thinking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 02:02 pm:

He should'a put those horseshoes the other way, so his luck wouldn't run out!
'21 coupe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 02:16 pm:

I dunno Herb. I knew an old guy years ago that was a black smith in the 20's, said the first auto he ever saw was a T and he rewired it as the harness had fried. He said at that time it seemed awfully complicated but ran when he was through. Also said the first truck he ever saw he had to rework the rear end in it. He seemed to have made the transition pretty well. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 05:35 pm:

Marv, I met a blacksmith that had his horseshoes hung in the same manner as in the above photo. He said he put them that way so that luck would fall onto anyone that passed under them. Might be what this guy was thinking as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 06:22 pm:

I have heard or read both directions for horseshoes all my life. Open up. Open down. So it doesn't run out this way, so it doesn't run out that way. Just because I tend to be obstinate, I nailed the horseshoe over one of my storage sheds sideways. Maybe that is why my luck is always so bad?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 08:13 pm:

My dad always talked about hanging out in his Uncles blacksmith shop in Cushing MN when he was a small boy. I have always wanted to own blacksmith forge, blower, anvil, hammers and other tools. Now in my 60s and with my back in such terrible health I can't do it. But I can still dream. These photos of old blacksmith shops gets my imagination fired up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 08:28 pm:

The horseshoes and the split apron that ends at his waist indicate that he is a farrier and not necessarily a full fledged blacksmith.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration