Slightly OT: Steve Jelf and Dustin Layne

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Slightly OT: Steve Jelf and Dustin Layne
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Texas Gulf Coast on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 03:38 pm:

I just wanna say a couple of good things about a couple of the Model T Community Folks.

Steve Jelf - Steve likes to call himself frugal. Well frugal, cheep, or whatever you want to call it Steve makes me think. Think maybe there is a less expensive way to do something. But most of all he just makes me think there is a way and I just might have the ability to make something work I had no idea that I could. Steve makes me think. I want to thank him for that.

Dustin Layne - I recently had the need to talk at length with Justin Layne at Layne Machine Works (KC Warford). To put it blunt. Justin was just nice, very helpful, and very patient. Not to mention they make on heck of good product. What more could you ask of a vendor? Thank you Dustin for your time and your assistance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 11:06 pm:

I make me think, too. As in, "What became of that tool I was using two minutes ago?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 10:43 am:

'Goodness' is usually revealed and identified quite quickly. And those 'plastic people' (non-genuine) are just as easy to identify! (While happening to also be my biggest pet peeve!!)

BTW, Steve....'That tool'? reference???? I like to call it "Half-Zeimer's" because I'm half-way there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 01:11 pm:

I too enjoy Steve Jelf's posts and his approach to life.

.....so I am wondering why is he prepared to pay double for a shiny Apple product over the perfectly adequate MS Windows equivalent???

(This from a Brit who has shares in neither company)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 04:50 pm:

Experience, Chris. The HP laptop I bought to take when traveling was a perpetual font of negative experiences ranging from annoying to infuriating. I never made a trip with it when it didn't betray me in some way or another. I was finally relieved and delighted to unload the thing for $100 and put that money toward the purchase of a used MacBook Pro for a fraction of what the new HP had cost me. The Mac actually does what I want it too, and I now delight in deleting HP advertising emails on sight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Austin Baker on Friday, November 06, 2015 - 01:29 pm:

I got a IMAC computer at a yard sale without the hard drive so I put a hard drive in it and tried to install the apple operating system and it wouldn't install so I put windows 8.1 on it without a problem.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration