Mag post contact button replacement undate.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Mag post contact button replacement undate.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 04:40 pm:

For those who don't worry about fixing their car the old farmers way, I'm reporting of a repair I made out of not knowing what better to do.
A month ago I replaced the band with the hogs head off. I noticed that the triangle thingy that is riveted to the mag backing plate (magnet side), that holds the mag contact button, was cracked and barely hanging there.

After posting the problem I got several good answers as to how they would fix the problem. I have several unused mags so I did a transplant for this piece. I drilled through the rivet on the donor mag till I could remove the piece I was after. The contact button just prys out, but be easy. I removed the old crumbling one, but left that rivet in place. The donor, I sawed very easy in half, At the rivet hole, side to side, to remove the bottom of the triangle. Doing that I could slip the triangle over and behind the old rivet. I used both a 2 part epoxy to glue the piece in place around the rivet and silicone between the piece and the wire windings. Let sit until I could get back to finishing the job.

I just started the car a few minutes ago to check band adjustment and flipped the ignition over to mag and it works.

So there you go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 05:12 pm:

It is a great feeling when it works isn't it? Good job.

Rich

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration