Hey yall, im in california.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Hey yall, im in california.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 12:14 am:

I just had to mention this since some of you forum buddies live here. I'm near Sacramento heading toward Bakersfield then I 40 east. Dang it Wayne I blew past you by 73 miles..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 12:36 am:

Give me a call; I'll show U my messy shop. 485 9215. I'm usually at the shop Thursday from around 11AM. 2425 Tower Ave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 12:38 am:

Okie doke. Much obliged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 12:48 am:

I have a feeling that so called messy shop might be amazing, to me anyways. I'm excited.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 01:11 am:

My son Mike is running the auto repair shop so if he answers tell him what's up. I have my T shop in a back corner of the building, and I just left stuff lay when I departed the last time I was there.

Welcome!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 01:20 am:

Ok Mr Schedler, thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 01:42 am:

Hello?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 02:03 am:

Wayne, how's it going?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 02:08 am:

Well it's 73 miles here in woodland. Might be more like 50 from Hals shop. I'm open for arm twisting invites though my wife won't like the delay. But really it'll be many many years before I
Return here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 02:19 am:

Dexter, we are in Auburn, between Sacramento and Wayne's place. We can show you some things. We too are disorderly to the point of chaos but great stuff happens here. You are welcome for a visit if you are still in the area. Call me at 530 863 seven five seven nine if you are interested. I can show you the sad remains of a new model T that was stolen from our local Ford dealer during Henry Ford's visit to our area in 1919 and found in the 1980's. Other interesting stuff too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 02:33 am:

I think I'll have to go head with Erik. Thanks. Phones almost dead. Contact tommow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 02:57 am:

Dexter D,
Erik B's place is always interesting! He almost always has something new and different to look at. Speedster stuff, Buicks, sometimes a Stutz, or first few thousand model T. Last time I was by there, he was working on a Caterpillar 60 which I particularly got a kick out of (I want to hear and see it run!).
Me? I am like a greased pig. Very hard to get a hold of in person (there are probably a dozen people on this forum that can attest to that). But if you are going to be that close? You could try to give me a call: 925-nine eight zero -6908.
Do drive carefully, and enjoy the visits! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 09:14 am:

Erik I will definitely give you a call. Seeing a T stolen in the day...sounds very interesting. Thank you.
Wayne, sorry you're busy, maybe next time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 09:20 am:

I'll be calling Mr Hal too. I'll probably wonder through town and be near your shop by 11 o clock or so. I'll call then.

By them, maybe earlier I'll also contact Mr Barrett and see if I can head over his way. this sounds like a big old treat for me, thanks guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 11:03 am:

Erik, That Model T that was stolen in 1919 and not found until the 1980's really sounds interesting.

Is there any chance you could post a picture or two of it?

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 11:30 am:

I'll take pictures of it and send them to you Keith. You can post them. Hint hint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 11:50 am:

Dexter, when you head south from Auburn area towards Bakersfield, I would expect you will come down Hwy 99. When you get to Turlock, we are 1 block off the freeway. You are welcome to visit our plant and see what we do here.

Tom Rootlieb
815 S. Soderquist Rd.
Turlock 209-632-2203
Open 7:30-4:30

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 01:32 pm:

Thanks Tom. Yes I would like that very much. Sheet metal stamped into running boards and such. I'll have to try and make it before 5 which maybe doable. I'm at Hals shop right now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 03:00 pm:

Dexter, I am about 8 miles from Hal's shop off of HWY 50 and your more then welcome to stop by and see our accessory collection.

Jay - Tel# 916 - 366- zero five three five.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 04:43 pm:

Just had a nice visit with Dexter. He's a machinist so was real appreciative of what we do here. Nice to talk to people who understand what they are looking at. Hopefully he will see more folks on his long drive home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 05:01 pm:

Kieth, I think Dexter took some pics, if not I will. There's not much to see. The car was booney crashed then stripped and dumped. Mostly what's left is the parts that could be identified so could not be sold. The engine block and license plate match the numbers on the 1919 theft report. The car was the personal ride of the local Ford dealer, Vern Ford, no relation to Henry. He swapped it for the day to the local Buick dealer for a big 7 pass touring to haul Henry and all his party to visit his Ford relatives, a cousin I think, in Foresthill about 25 miles away. I have seen Henry Ford's signature in the guest register of the hotel they stayed in that day.The Buick dealer took the model T to lunch and somebody swiped it. Interestingly, the frame is broken and crudely repaired so they must have had some fun with it before tearing it up for parts. I am going so get the documents and pics together and submit it to the Vintage Ford. Right after I finish my to do list. It's a long list.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 08:34 pm:

Been Erikson shop it's impressive and it sure great hear of all the friendship and hospitality safe travels Dexster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Martin on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 12:43 am:

Too cool Dexter have a great time on your trip! :D

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 08:03 pm:

Jay, Tom and Wayne, I'm sorry I didn't get to visit with you all. My visit with Hal and Erik was the most fun of my entire trip. I really regret not having made more time for this. I'm back home after a four day ride.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 08:11 pm:

Erik that's great history you have, the remains of that roadsters. It's a great story. I didn't take any picture, like you say there's not much left. I wanted to see the plate but didn't want to bug you. Plus there was just so much to see at your place. I probably learned more at your shop than I did my third or fourth year watching the forum. I've been here seven years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 11:43 pm:

Erik's shop. yard is an amazing place, and there is too much stuff to see it all in one visit! He does some amazing work there too. It's probably good that he's an hour+ away from me, or I'd probably be over there all the time being underfoot!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration