OT Scammers tried to get me

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT Scammers tried to get me
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, November 06, 2015 - 10:18 am:

I just received a phone call from one of our credit card companies.
They questioned 3 charges that were made on our account yesterday.

The 3 transaction have been removed, they have cancelled the card and will overnight new ones.

I will be pain to change the CC account numbers on the automatic withdrawals etc.

There has to be a special corner in the extremely hot place (and I don't mean Texas) for jerks that try to seal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, November 06, 2015 - 11:40 am:

Been down that road too many times as well! Usually, once they figure out your card number they test it by making a couple small charges, like less than five bucks. Then, if it takes they go bananas. Thankfully, my bank has caught these suspect charges before they turned big and called me to let me know they were cancelling my card.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, November 06, 2015 - 11:42 am:

"If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." ~ Phil Sheridan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, November 06, 2015 - 11:46 am:

"All west Texas needs to be Paradise is water and good people."

"Yes, but that's also all Hell needs...."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Levans - Lafayette, Indiana on Friday, November 06, 2015 - 11:51 am:

Texas is the place where there are the most cows and the least milk and the most rivers and the least water in them, and where you can look the farthest and see the least.

H.L. Mencken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, November 06, 2015 - 11:56 am:

"The most beautiful country I've ever seen." ~ Stephen F. Austin (He was selling real estate.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, November 06, 2015 - 12:22 pm:

"At the risk of descending to unscientific generalizations, 90 percent of Texans give the other 10 percent a bad name." - Attributed to John H. "Doc" Holliday”

"There are parts of Texas where a fly lives ten thousand years and a man can't die soon enough.”
¯ Katherine Dunn,

"Taxes and Texas—they have the same letters, but only one can go to hell.”
¯ Jarod Kintz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Friday, November 06, 2015 - 12:25 pm:

I would sooner live in Texas than some of those cities up North where people live almost on top of their neighbors.
I have a back pasture with a few cows, Jack rabbits, cotton tail rabbits and some unwanted wild hogs.
I have made a few tours in the Northeast part of the US and could not tell when we were leaving one city and entering the next. At lease in South central Texas, we can do some nice back road tours and stay out of all that city traffic.
Willie in South Central Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Horton on Friday, November 06, 2015 - 01:14 pm:

I’ve made a few posts on this forum, but don”t seem to have the knack for it, but you might find this one interesting. Last Sunday morning, when most people are in church, some scumbag down in Alabama stopped at a Quick Stop and used my credit card to buy a pack of cigarettes ($5.68). Just the week before my daughter-in-law had set me up with an app that allows me to turn my credit card on and off using my iPad. The card was turned of when the dirtbag tried to use it and the folks that watch for this sort of thing called me. The credit card has been cancelled and we are expecting a new one in the mail this afternoon. I’m betting that the dirtbag paid cash for his cigarettes, got back in his car, pulled out the next BS card and headed for the next Quick Stop, but at least he didn’t hit my card for $1,800 like someone in New Jersey did 3 or 4 years ago did. It was because of that I went for the app. My computer skills suck, but this one seems like a great idea.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration