Wire wheel lug holes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Wire wheel lug holes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 01:15 am:

Hello all. I recently bought a set, and then some, of wire wheels. I got a full set of hubs, plus six wheels. A couple of the wheels have bent spokes. One has a broken spoke. From what I've read, all of this can be fixed. What concerns me is the fact that one of my wheels has very obviously wallowed out lug holes. Is there anybody out there who can fix such a problem, or at least has a method for doing so?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 03:00 am:

I know a guy here in Socal. He did a great job on mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 06:11 pm:

I live in western Illinois, so it's not exactly economical to ship a wheel to a shop. Of the six wheels I have, five are either perfect or close enough that I could probably shim them with the wheel washers sold by Lang's. The sixth one is very bad, so it will most likely need metal welded in to close up the holes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 06:37 pm:

Five wheels would be enough for a car - so then maybe the sixth can wait to be welded until/if something happens to one of the other wheels that is harder to fix..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

That's what I figured. Just curious if anybody had experience with badly misused wire wheels. I will try to get some pictures soon.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration