OT How do I add a You Tube Video to my forum thread

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT How do I add a You Tube Video to my forum thread
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Buckley on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 04:49 am:

Just wanted know, how I add like a You Tube video I make, when I write a Forum thread? I'm using Windows 8.1. My skill level is about "low/ medium", with computers. Can someone please give me a basic step by step way to do it? Thanks for your time.
Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Housego (United Kingdom) on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 04:59 am:

Hi Keith,

Its a case of posting a link on the forum to the You Tube video. The link can be found on your You Tube page or with the video running on your PC you will see the link as a URL on the top of the page starting with www. If you highlight it right click the mouse press copy then go to forum and right click mouse again and press past. This is one of many ways it can be done. Good luck.

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 08:15 am:

Keith, John is correct, here's a short video, check the heading on the youtube web page and the one I copied here.

Happy motoring,

Warren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_bFMs7usP8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 08:56 am:

Keith, another way to do it, is to be on the page you want to link, then highlight the address bar at the top of page by clicking it, it will turn blue, It will start with http://www. Then hit the keys "Ctrl" and "C" at the same time. Your link is now saved in the dark corners of your computer somewhere. Then go to the forum thread you want to put the link into. Place the cursor where you want the link to be in your forum thread. Then hit the keys "Ctrl" and "V" at the same time. Your link will now be retrieved from that dark corner and posted on the thread you want it on. It works the same way to put a link into a e-mail. Just remember, "highlight address" then "Ctrl C" then "Ctrl V" hope this helps ... oh yea .. A few people I have shown this to have had problems with the proper way to hit the "Ctrl C or V" keys. You will hold down the "CTRL" key first and then hit C" or 'V' while still holding the "Ctrl" key.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Buckley on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 06:09 pm:

JOHN H
Warren H
Donnie B
Thank you all for the easy quick lesson. I have a You Tube account, and plan on making some videos with a dash cam I got to put in the T, when I start driving her. Thanks again for teaching this "old dog", a new trick!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration