Chickasha 2016

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Chickasha 2016
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 03:10 pm:

OK!!$ 1.00 didnt do very last year and junk is down to less than $30.00 a ton . i am forced to sell for yard art $ 2250.00 a ton. this year i will have only one table $75.00 &up if i cant get that for the good stuff the art dealers can have it all.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 03:39 pm:

Agreed Charlie. 2014 Chickasha was the same way. Most buyers there, were only other dealers wanting to buy parts at give away prices, but if you wanted something that as "good" that someone had, there wasn't much negotiating on the price. What I made selling at wholesale prices, didn't pay for my time and expenses of the trip from Houston. Chickasha has become a social event for those with nothing else to do, but socialize. I'll auction or scrape yard before I make that trip again. Maybe I'll just go as far as the Montgomery county swap meet here in Houston.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 05:54 pm:

I sold almost everything I brought for top dollar. Maybe your stuff was overpriced Charley? I had trouble putting the money in my wallet fast enough. Buyers were there early and stayed late.

One thing I never do is sell in the parking lot before the show. I find that dealers are just buying my stuff to sell inside at higher prices.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 06:08 pm:

I had an above average year myself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 06:16 pm:

Royce!! i will be sure to check out your table frist this year,must have been really cheep??????????? charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 06:44 pm:

terry!!try one more time there is a scrape yard 5 blocks from the meet that away that way we wont have to haul the junk home.ha ha .charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 07:31 pm:

I did very well. both selling and buying, I found some good deals, paid full price for some things, Sold some of my stuff to other dealers (who are also collectors themselves) and sold some stuff to other folks who are not dealers. I buy on Wednesday in the parking lot, and also sell in the parking lot ... And I will "NEVER" sell a T part to a scrap dealer. I will give it to another T person who can use it before Ill do that. (and I have gave stuff away) Terry I bought a ton of stuff from you at your prices, and Charley I bought "some" stuff from you. and I do not remember trying to haggle the price of things. The only thing I can think of that I "haggled" on with Terry was the tool bags. I bought 4 at his prices and told him I would give "X amount $$$" for all that were left at the end of the swap meet. What was left, he sold me at the end of the swap meet. People may have different expectations of a swap meet, but it is all kinds of folks with all kinds of ideas, prices, budgets, needs, parts to sell, and ?????. It is always a "feeding frenzy" from the first minute to the last. But rest assured, and God willing, I will be there again this year, (before daylight) :-) :-) submitted with respect Donnie Brown ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 07:44 pm:

I sent in my registration fee for 2016 the day the flyer arrived. I hope to sell enough stuff to make more room in my garage and to offset some of the cost of my trip. If I make a small profit, that won't bother me at all. I enjoy the social aspect as much as anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 11:14 pm:

Charley, let me know when you decide to sell the junk 1910 for $2500 a ton...

(Message edited by Tony_bowker on November 07, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 11:14 pm:

Donnie, Two years ago at Chickasha, you did buy things from me "at my prices". What is missing here is that a lot of the stuff I sold to you and others, wasn't at the price I had originally expected to get and I lowered the price before I quoted a price to the buyer so as to move some items and not go home on credit cards. An example was the reproduction tool bags that you bought from me. I had expected to get three times the price that I sold them to you. Check Lang's catalog and see how much they get for theirs ($19.95 each). Something that you weren't interested in and that I had only one offer that I can remember, was the 26-27 coupe, roadster, pickup rear fenders. Only two out of the seven or eight fenders that I had, would have taken a professional body man to refurbish into nice fenders, but the only offer that I got was $500.00 for the lot, less than $100.00 per fender, a pure insult. It just isn't worth my time and money to drive from Houston to Chickasha to meet new friends; see old friends, shoot the bull and not sell things at a price that I can't sell at least close to what I REALLY expect them to bring. Some people might say I'm unrealistic on my prices, but I wasn't expecting to sell at anywhere near Hemmings or Ebay prices.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 01:00 am:

Did they send the letters out about spaces for this year? I never got anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 01:23 am:

After having to miss 2014,I was thrilled and especially appreciative to be able to attend the 2015 meet.I didn't think I would ever get to go there again,for awhile. I sold a few things,and got to see the folks again. It was worth every peney,trust me.I hope I can make it in 2016.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 11:53 am:

tony!!the day will come when our kids will be happy to sell them for scrape. we have way to maney now and more being put back on the road every day charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 12:09 pm:

I go to Chickasha to visit and look for unusual rare parts.
I pull a covered trailer to Chickasha, that is my hotel and if I buy any parts or even a car, it is big enough to haul it back to Texas.
I do not go there to make money or get rid of surplus parts. I have two sons that will have to solve the "Surplus Parts" problem when I leave this world.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 12:28 pm:

The one thing I agree with in Terry's post above is this: "Chickasha has become a social event..."

Hershey is too far away for me to attend, but I always go to Chickasha. It is one of the year's highlights for me, seeing old friends and making new ones, all while surrounded by rusty Model T parts! How could it be any better than that?

I always buy some parts, and I usually take some things to sell. I always come home with less money than I took, but as Uncle Jack says, it's worth every penny.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration