Veterans Day Parade in St Louis

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Veterans Day Parade in St Louis
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 05:39 pm:

Today was the annual Veterans Day Parade in St. Louis and six cars from the Model T Club participated. Many of the club members who took part are veterans and Sam Atkinson suggested we put signs on our cars telling where and when we served. After the parade, we all headed to a local eatery for lunch and then home. Good day, sunny, cool but not cold.

The American flag is for my dad's and my service and the Dutch flag is for my father-in-law's and brother-in-law's service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 08:21 pm:

Dick,

Thank you for driving in the parade, posting and for serving!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

Thanks for you service!!!! And in that regard Thanks to all who served their country and put their selves in harms way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 04:52 pm:

Atta Boy Dick !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 05:04 pm:

Excellent!
Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 06:14 pm:

Good going Dick !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 07:21 pm:

Thanks for your representation and service to our country. And to all service persons!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 08:17 pm:

To Dick Lodge: Did you at one time say that you were in Mansfield, Mo and saw the Masonic Lodge building and the Laura Wilder Museum? It seems you mentioned one or the other.
Now as to the time spent in the Military- I just happened to look at my DD214 and say that I was in for 2 years 11 months and 16 days, and 2 years 4 months and 9 days were in Germany where I worked on Heavy equipment. And when I came to Redding, Ca. I could not find a job and have spent the last 59 years working on Office machines, typewriters, adding machines and copiers and cash registers. I still help my kid once in a while. Enough said everyone have a great week, oh and we finally got a sprinkle of rain!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 10:03 pm:

Bill, I did. One of the Show-Me Tours (forget which year, will look) was in Mansfield and we went to the museum and the two Wilder homes. Because of the Masonic connection, I went looking for the Masonic Lodge building and found it. No one there, but I took a picture.

I joined the Air Force to see the world and was sent to Jacksonville Arkansas for four years. Go figure... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 10:19 pm:

It was the Show-Me Tour in 2007.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 10:37 pm:

Dick Lodge: When my wife and I were there a few years ago we went to the Wilder Place and signed in and later a fellow walked past me that looked like someone I knew. Turned out is was PM from our lodge here in Redding. He and his wife and her son and Grandson drove from Tulsa to Mansfield to see the Museum and the Little White house and they were ready to leave but he wanted to take one last look at the Museum and that is when we met there. Later here in town I saw them and had a big laugh about the distance to the Museum, approx. 21oo miles from Redding to Mansfield.
My story and I am sticking to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 10:45 pm:

For the people that don't know "Dicks photo are as follows

The White house was known as the Little House,
The Second photo is know as the "Rock House".
As a teen ager I used to go by the place known as "Wilder Farm and it never meant a thing to any of our Family till the
Tv program came on. We lived in or near Mansfield from 1945 till 1953 when Uncle Sam asked for my help! Never went back to live in the area as my parents moved back to California in 1953. I came home from Germany in 1956 and came to Redding, Ca., where I have lived ever since.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 10:46 pm:

Yeah, it was at the Museum that I discovered the Wilder Masonic connection. That's what prompted me to find the Lodge and take a picture of it. One of those unexpected connections that seem to turn up....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 03:00 am:

My wife and I visited Mansfield many years ago. She is a big "Little House" fan. It was very interesting. As for Dick's mention of joining the Air Force to see the world, I can relate to that a bit. In '08, my youngest son joined the Marine Corps, partly for the same reason. I pretty much lost it for awhile, but fortunately(for me and my family)he did his whole tour in CA.He wasn't very happy, but I was(am). Dave

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration