Took the 27 touring to a show and shine today.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Took the 27 touring to a show and shine today.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 08:04 pm:

I got the 27 Sport Touring out today and went to my friends Body Shop. He had a customer appreciation event with music, free food, and a car show and shine event after 30 years in business. Ill go anywhere with free food. :-) As usual I had the oldest car there. But there were a few Model As and a nice Buick. Had fun, and drove the 20 miles there and back with no problems. It always amazes me how all the "car guys" who build some beautiful 50s 60s 70s model cars and even the street rods. do not have a clue about the Ts. But there was a lot of interest in my T and even one guy who thinks he wants one for his next project. (he will restore it, not rod it) So every time we go out with the Ts we may be stimulating a new T owner .????

My 1927 touring

A nice model A

My friends Model A shop truck
A nice Buick, but do not remember the year

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 09:30 am:

Looks like a '34 Olds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 10:41 am:

So, Donnie -- Apparently you got your car's rear end redone?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 11:30 am:

Nice show and nice car Donnie. Sounds like fun. I experience the same "phenomenon" too, people walk right past the "modern cars" but sure do mill around my T asking tons of questions. Both spectators and participants alike. Hope you're right about "T stimulation"...I think you are!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 11:37 am:

In general car folks are great company. Events like this are nice for comparing the similarities and differences in the cars. Thanks for representing the Model T's there. It had to be a lot of fun.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Billing on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 04:51 am:

Whats the car on the roof?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 09:13 am:

Bob, I think it was a Olds not a Buick "my bad" Mike, I put a temp rear end in the car. I had a rebuilt 27 rear end from the estate in Hot Springs. I just had to see if it was the rear axle that caused the problem. It seems to have fixed it. I have the parts ordered to rebuild my original rear end, when I get to start work on the Ts after Thanksgiving. Brian, the car on the roof is a "fake, 1/2 car" It was built with whatever we had on had about 25 years ago. It is passenger side only, and no good parts were used.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration