'27 Coupe back on its own wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: '27 Coupe back on its own wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alby Anderson on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 01:50 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 07:10 pm:

Very nice looking frame, engine, and wheels restoration. Do you have any photos of the body or is it still under construction? Even if it is still in pieces it's nice to see progress pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alby Anderson on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 01:09 pm:

The body is ready for sandblasting. The existing black paint was applied over very slick primer.
Since the paint was peeling off I decided to paint the body.

The brown finish on the picture is that prime. Paint remover would not touch it. The black simply peeled off.

Body before sandblasting

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 07:49 pm:

Progress is wonderful! The chassis looks great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 11:23 pm:

You're at the funnest part. Watching it all come together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 07:06 am:

Fitting the hood rear protective strip with all its rivets, is much easier if the fuel tank is out. Now would seem to be a good time!
Just a thought

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 07:50 am:

I see you're going with some nice big effective rear brakes!! Looks great so far!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alby Anderson on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 06:18 pm:

Chris

I plan to remove the gas tank before I have the body sand blasted. Thanks for the thought

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration