Old Toothbrushes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Toothbrushes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 05:31 pm:

Here is a reason to save old toothbrushes. They are excellent for shining brass on headlights and side and taillights in, and around all the lettering. If you use a paste polish this is the way to go, and it won't wear the lettering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 05:42 pm:

My old toothbrushes go first into the detailing box, to be used for removing paste wax residue from around emblems and in the nooks and crannies, then into the parts washer bin for use on greasy parts. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 06:21 pm:

I agree,....toothbrushes are very handy for all kinds of cleaning chores. Need a toothbrush to do some intricate little cleaning chore but don't have an old one? No problem. Just use your wife toothbrush, but just be sure to rinse it real well when finished and very carefully, replace it back in the toothbrush rack in the bathroom "EXACTLY" as you found it,.....she'll never know! Ha, ha,....harold : ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 06:27 pm:

Harold...TSK TSK!
Wait till Cathy hears this!
I've never tried blackmailing someone but this might be a good place to start.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 06:37 pm:

Now Harold!
In thirty years, I probably haven't thrown an old toothbrush out until it was used for nasty cleaning at least a few times. I use them to clean my comb, the cheese grater, the sliding window channels, the list goes on and on. I have them stashed almost everywhere there are cleaning materials. I have a few where I clean greasy antique car parts. And yes, I use them on brass.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 07:39 pm:

Oh,...I never said that I would ever do anything like that Bob,.....I just thought that maybe some of "youse guys" would consider that a good idea!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 07:51 pm:

Old toothbrushes are for old teeth.
I get new ones for free every time I go to the dentist. 2x a year.
I use the new ones to clean parts.
The parts and my teeth are both clean.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 08:55 pm:

Perhaps there might be something LESS abrasive than an old toothbrush???? One fine-detail helpful hint I learned at ISCA-AutoRama/World-of Wheels.... Get a NEW half-inch camel hair brush, (it's really made from squirrel hair). Use a sharp scissors or other cutting instrument to trim back the bristles to about a 3/4 inch length. Shorter if there is/are tougher residues to remove. No micro-scratches around seams or trim pieces! Complete the process with a clean micro-fiber cloth. Spray-shine if you must.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 09:23 pm:

Marv,
If the brush is a "half inch" brush to start with how do you trim it to be a 3/4" brush?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 09:38 pm:

You never bought a paint brush? :-) Brushes are sold by WIDTHS not the bristle length.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 09:40 pm:

Forgot to mention: The Mop style work well.

http://www.amazon.com/Brush-Set-Camel-3-Pkg-Mop/dp/B0018N9PUE/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 10:49 pm:

I learned that trick watching the guys at Harrah's polishing the brass on the cars in the collection back when. . . . . And they had a LOT of brass to keep looking good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 12:55 am:

-Hey, Henry!-
Guess it's the general idea of using a 'bristle shortener' rather than searching for a 'bristle-lengthener'????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 09:17 am:

OK, OK,OK. So I had a brain fart. So what? :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 10:13 am:

So, "Keep smiling!" and "Happy T-ing" too!!
:-) :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Elliott on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 10:46 am:

Old tooth brushs are also good for getting bird poop off of your A-400 convertable top. We were on a trip back in the 90's and this happened to me. A VERY good friend gave me her tooth brush and something to scrub out the bad stuff. I'm sure she didn't use that tooth brush again.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration