New T for the Harris fleet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: New T for the Harris fleet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 09:03 pm:

Since it has been a whole week since the departure of the Billy Poobah racer, we just couldn't stand the empty spot in the garage and had to fill it with this...

23 T

We'll be picking it up Wednesday. Details to follow :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 11:46 pm:

Ain't that the way?
Nice addition!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 12:11 am:

Nice Runabout Bill, a nice addition indeed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 06:00 am:

Saaaaweeeetttt !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 08:44 am:

Ditto what Don said! Nice car. You're so lucky you have all that nice weather to play with 'em. I'm about to start "laying 'em up" for the winter. :-( :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 02:27 pm:

Tim, I'm Bill's dad, can you explain what winter is? thanks Frank

pig

NOTE: This is especially posted for Aaron Griffey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 05:34 pm:

Oh God Frank, you made my day!! Lets see, how can I explain it and not have Chris pull it from here? Ha ha. Hmmm...one word, CRAP. At least for me. Back when dad was alive before he and mom wised up and moved to AZ to live out their golden years, he used to say regarding Ohio's winter weather.. "it was God taking an enema, and it landed on Ohio"!! Well, pretty strong for sure, but he made his point! I just got the '20 moved over to the "winter stall" in the house garage and all "buttoned up", next to work on the gang in the pole barn! I did get Pete out today for a "quickie" (man was it a cold ride) and had him up to a whopping 41 mph!! Chill factor, 10 degrees!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 06:17 pm:

Winter for me is when the Hogs (the two wheel kind) are put away for the season and I get some quiet weekends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 07:56 pm:

Nice! KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Glowacki on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 10:18 pm:

Bill,
Beautiful roadster! I have a 1927 roadster but it seems very much larger then your car, and slower... I had a ride recently in a 1913 roadster and I could not believe how peppy and fast that car was...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 11:32 pm:

Here are a few additional photos of the '23 Runabout. It has a '27 engine & trans so we're not going for originality... more utility. It may find its way to the Montana 500 next year... Who knows :-)

frontengine
back

Sorry for the small photos. My current phone/camera situation is less than optimal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 11:50 pm:

Looking great Bill,...Congrats.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 01:59 am:

Bill,
When we picked up the Poohbah racer you spoke about all the extra room but I knew better. Any available flat space will soon be occupied by more T's or parts thereof.
As a native of Southern California who has lived in and visited other parts of the country, I can understand why the concept of winter is foreign to to those who live in SoCal.
Speaking of which, If you are thinking of the Montana 500 you had better plan on hanging that vapororizer up on the wall. Nothing is more useless at that event or in So Cal than a device created to burn low grade fuel at low speeds in freezing temperatures. Great looking roadster, have fun with it. It is interesting to think of it sharing space with the Pantera. Both two seat Fords, nothing else similar about them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 01:54 pm:

Winter in S. California is when you sometimes get a little rain, and you put on the pajama tops and a blanket when you sleep. On occasion, you might even need to turn on the heat, and after a storm you can go up to Big Bear and ski, then go to Huntington Beach and surf all on the same day! However in a Model T it might take you two days!:-)
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 04:30 pm:

Bill, see if you can find another taillight! Does your car have the steering column support?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 05:39 pm:

Larry: Yes, I want to get rid of the plastic lens taillight. I'll have to look through our stash of extras.
As for the steering column support, here's a photo:

steering

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 05:52 pm:

Am I the only fan of the Vaporiser? :-) My old Tudor would run like the wind with it's vaporizer, stock cam and Egge high compression pistons.
Sunday I ran my Fordor fairy hard for one mile, and saw 44 on the GPS. That's with a ten tooth pinion, Stipe 280 cam, Scat crank, and Pruss iron head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 05:53 pm:

...and stock cast iron pistons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 06:17 am:

Well crap, mine didn't come with a vaporizer or a gps....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 09:30 pm:

Update: We picked up the car today & got it registered and insured. We drove it home and then went out to lunch. The final step was making it fit in the garage. As you can see, it worked :-)
G

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 09:44 pm:

Here are a few additional photos taken once we got the car home:

It drove fine but the Vaporizer sure is hard starting... Not like the one I took off of the '27. It used to start real easy but had no power. This one seems to pull along just fine. I'll have to dig in and check everything out once I have some free time (whatever that is:-))

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 10:19 pm:

Is that a De Tomaso Pantera hiding behind the coupe? I'm jealous!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 10:46 pm:

Derek, see my posting above. Sharp eyes, I wouldn't have recognized it from seeing that much.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration