RARE 1915ish Fruehauf Trailer coming up for auction

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: RARE 1915ish Fruehauf Trailer coming up for auction
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brad Neuhart on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 02:10 pm:

I know some people complain about these types of posts but I own a 25 Model T and belong to this club. I am conducting the auction and this is not a plug for our business but an attempt to help anyone looking for a rare piece to add to their collection. I don't want to see something like this relegated to a farmer's fence row. This needs to end up in a collector's hands.
This just came in for our annual fall consignment auction in Milan, MI. The farmer that brought it in described it as an old grain wagon his dad had. When he brought it in I was shocked see what appears to be one of the very early Fruehauf trailers from the teens. It is in remarkable shape and has been barn kept it's whole life. It will sell on November 28th in Milan, MI. See auction info at www.rolloandbrad.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 05:16 pm:

Brad, thanks for posting. I have no need but have a high interest. could you take some more pictures/ Both sides, front and back, and several underside pics as well. That rear axle is not shown very well. best of luck on your auction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 05:58 pm:

Brad, people here don't mind old-car-related posts on the forum. It is customary to precede the thread title when something other than a Model T is the subject with "OT." Stands for "Off Topic." The people who think we shouldn't talk about anything non-T can then skip it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 06:03 pm:

I've never heard of such a creature. Can anybody provide some ads, or pictures of it in use? Definitely an interesting piece.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 06:18 pm:

Google is your friend:

http://www.coachbuilt.com/bui/f/fruehauf/fruehauf.htm

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 07:30 pm:

I know why nobody has posted yet after Mark's google post. They are still reading.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Martin on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 07:42 pm:

HOLY CRAPOLI I WISH I COULD GET IT!!!!!! :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 08:22 pm:

That is a wonderful looking trailer! I can't afford it, it is too far away, and I don't need any more projects. But someone of our regulars needs to plant that behind their TT.
Thank you for the "heads up" posting!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 09:11 pm:

There is a very similar trailer on display and hooked up to a T at the Piquette Plant in Detroit.
I believe it is on loan from the Freuhauf family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 11:10 pm:

Let Fruehauf know about the action. A couple of decades ago a neighbor contacted them about a "lowboy" he had. It was one of the first 10 built I believe. They bought it and sent a crew down to retrieve it. At that time they were trying to build a collection of their early equipment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 11:48 pm:

I have one.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration