OT: If I was retired, I would make a restoration video....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT: If I was retired, I would make a restoration video....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 02:50 pm:

OT: If I was retired, I would put together a DVD with all the you tube videos and other video vignettes on the restoration of the Model T, including tips and tricks.

It would have an index so the viewer can click on the exact subject they need to see, like the different ways to change a clincher tire, etc...

The DVD's already made are good, but there is so much more that is needed or beneficial.

Just share'n.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 03:11 pm:

The problem is some of us do things differently and it can open a can of worms. It is displayed here almost daily.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 03:26 pm:

True, but that is the beauty of being the writer / producer. I get to pick and choose advice from whomever, what to put it in, how to present it, etc......

I have written two 'How to' books in the past. This would be just another creative project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 04:33 pm:

There is already a great series of how-to videos on Youtube, on engine rebuilding. Maybe the guys who did that will continue with the rest of the car?
http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCz9Cs_Ied_FCHd6e-WMvuRQ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 04:34 pm:

Don't know if the above link was ok, trying another: http://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYG_lIhIwKyLG8WQm4tGmKK1nA0Yctp6G

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 05:28 pm:

Good to know. I would include these as well. (With permission of course.)

I was referring a great deal to Steve Jelfs videos and others that presented on the forum.

Tips and tricks would be another vignette.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 06:34 pm:

If I was retired I would get up at 8 AM instead of 5:00 AM
After breakfast I would go in the garage and play with the T instead of spending an hour driving to work
Next I would drive to Dunkin Donuts or the coffee shop in Newmarket in the T and meet with friends instead of going to meeting after meeting.
Next I would spend some time on my wife's model A instead of answering emails, putting up with question from technicians, and talking with customers on the phone.
When I finally get home after another hour drive little will change - I will have a happy plate and two glasses of wine while making a fool of myself on the forum before dinner.

All this IF I WAS RETIRED -

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 06:43 pm:

Be careful young fella...you might grow in places you'd rather not..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 06:56 pm:

Dave. How did you get a picture of that guy's head on my belly? :-)

(Message edited by Nhusa on November 09, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 07:55 pm:

I've been retired the last three years, still get up at four am, seem busier than ever, don't get things done before the day is over. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph W. Rudzik on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 11:36 am:

I am retreaded (as Dad put it) and I am working more Honeydoos (damn list seems to grow in the middle of the night) and thinking of getting a regular job to get some rest.
Picking up grand kids in the middle of the day shoots getting things done out the window.
In the '50's when my dad bought his first pickup truck, his person on the other end started with: "Hey, you gotta truck, don't ya?"
With us the question starts with: "Hey, you're retired with nothing to do, are'nt You?"

Joe R.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration