Double exposure-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Double exposure-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, November 09, 2015 - 11:58 pm:

I should have had this one for Halloween.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 01:41 am:

Must have been a "Brownie" box camera. We had one when I was very young, damn thing was always shooting double exposures. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 06:11 am:

The ghost of Fords gone by...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 06:43 am:

But Dave some of those double and triple exposures came out great, and all you had to do was forget to wind the film! Try shooting a double exposure on a digital camera :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 06:47 am:

Aye, it's da little people!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 08:19 am:

You see lots of dogs in the old photos. Nice to see a cat for a change.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 09:47 am:

Dave, you're right. You never see cats, do you? Wonder why? Guess back then they weren't so domesticated but rather used around the farm just to keep the mice down.

But I think this is showing the spirits of former residents myself!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 10:52 am:

Cats weren't invented until 1917.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 11:43 am:

When I was a kid I spent a lot of time at a friends ranch. They had one milk cow and it was one of my chores to milk it twice a day. When I'd get the milk bucket and get started about a dozen barn cats would appear out of nowhere and sit in an arc about 8 or 10 feet away from me. Every so often I'd give them a squirt in the face, which was what they wanted. Once I was finished they'd disappear.

You almost never saw those cats except at milking time. You also never saw a rodent. That was about as "domesticated" as they got.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 12:31 pm:

That is one way to be economical with the film! Get as many exposures on one place and still be able to tell who Aunt Mable and Uncle Charlie is. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 12:45 pm:

I think I had one of those cameras when I was a kid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 07:59 pm:

I sometimes wonder what the circumstances were for the error in a double exposure. One of the photos I have shared before, I know how it happened.
Years ago, I used to use an antique camera with antique car club activities. It had a light leak on the case that could ruin a spot on the the film after awhile. I could avoid ruining pictures by not advancing the film immediately after snapping a picture. If the camera sat too long, I would advance the film two spots and the leak would end up on a blank frame.
The '35 Buick belongs to a long-time friend. I took that one first. I prove that one actually can comfortably take a nap in a speedster.
One very busy weekend, I decided to grab a snooze. Someone else in our group decided to snap a picture of me with my camera, not knowing my habit of advancing the film before snapping a picture, not after. I always thought the effect came out quite well. The '35 Buick belongs to a long-time friend. I prove that one can comfortably take a nap in a speedster.
By the way, I am wearing my favorite sport cap. I wish I could get a couple more like that one. Those used to be called "big apple" sport caps.

Sometimes it is fun to try to sort out the two shots. The OP photo has one car (looks like it may be an '11 or '12 torpedo roadster), with two people (looks like ma and pa). The other shot looks like ma and pa with four younger adults by the front porch.
I would be curious to know what others think about the car. There is something odd about it. Lets see if someone else can spot it.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 08:21 pm:

The car appears to be parked on the porch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 05:43 pm:

Here is a big apple cap:

https://www.hats-plus.com/p-329-capas-wool-big-apple-cap.aspx

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration