Okay, another question about '24-'25 sun visors

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Okay, another question about '24-'25 sun visors
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 04:48 am:

Since I have been researching info about sun visors on the '24-'25 closed cars, I have noticed something. I have seen a few pictures of these cars that do not have the visors, not originals, but restorations. There were holes where the screws would attach the brace to the front pillar(A pillar?) on the ones that I have seen. Were they an option, or have they just been lost over time? Seems to me that they would have been on all closed cars in that time frame. Just curious. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 10:24 am:

-David-
My '25 Coupe also lacked a visor, (as well as the windshield/frame header - see profile pic), while also having the bracket holes in the A-pillar. I am just as curious as you. Thanks for questioning.
Marv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 10:40 am:

Hi David and Marv,

Short answer: Yes, ALL '24-'25 model year enclosed cars came equipped from the factory with the sun visor.

My coupe was acquired with a visor but it is not on the car at this time as I have not yet replaced the cover.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 06:33 am:

Marv, have you found an upper windshield frame? I have a really nice one if you need it. It is for a '25, a '24 is a bit different. Let me know if you are still looking for one. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 04:58 am:

I just sand blasted the visor frame the other day. It had a bit of rust on the lower portion, didn't think it was too bad. WRONG! It is rusted through from one end to the other, full of holes. The previous owner did nothing to keep water out of the covering around the seams. Good thing I took it off when I did. I can repair it with a filler piece and some brazing. Haven't found any counter sunk rivets for the brace, but did find some truss head rivets that are pretty close. I don't think anyone will notice the difference.<g> Marv, do you need an upper windshield frame for your coupe? As I said, I have a nice one. Thanks everyone for your help. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 12:02 pm:

-Hi, David-
Thank you for your thoughts. Fortunately, the upper frame was 'there', and was missing just the wooden header above the frame. The glass was gone, so a thin piece of plywood helped serve to 'frame everything together'... Still a work in progress.
Thanks again, Marv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 12:30 pm:

I also have a late 24 Coupe I inherited from my Grandfather years ago.
When I restored it 5-6 years ago I also wondered about the sunvisor.
It looked like it hadn't been off the car or ever replaced and I'm pretty sure it was an original.

I noticed on this forum at other original cars they didn't always look the same or the brackets were a little different.

It makes you wonder if the different body makers that Ford used always made everything the same. I know this is evident in the open cars when I restored my 21 Touring. The details in the bodies are slightly different. Maybe in The Coupes and sedans also?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 12:45 pm:

-John-
Don't know as though I can be of much help with your question. Not being a purist myself, I am fabricating some brackets of my own for the visor, which I am also making. From my experience on the farm, there were many things 'cobbled together' to make things work! Hopefully someone will be able to provide an answer for you. "Happy T-ing!"
Marv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 04:44 pm:

Haven't been hearing much from the other David S lately? I hope all is well with him. He is the '24/'25 coupe expert. I did see a post from him about a month or two ago. My coupe is April '24. But I don't know all the answers.

Marv, You are going to have to wear your x-ray glasses with that windshield!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 05:18 pm:

Dave Sosnoski is alive and well and up to his eyeballs writing computer code or some such. And raising two children. I ran into him at the Autoneers Frostbite Run a few weeks ago.

Dave is the reigning '24-'25 coupe guru and he IS still working on The Book.

Here are some older threads regarding the visor and coupes:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/211704.html?1305666667

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/376189.html?1375473809

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/35449.html

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/97766.html?1248519429

I hope that some of this helps. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 06:02 pm:

Thanks, Wayne!
Things will come around 'a bit more clearly' going down the road.... "We will see!"
(With some fine-tuning of that plywood, there will be a good pattern to use for cutting the safety-glass replacement!) And too, for 'a method to my madness'.
Marv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 07:09 pm:

Guys, There is a really nice 25 Coupe that was for sale in the classifieds. Check this one out if you want to see a 25 Coupe that appears to be pretty much original inside and out.
The visor on this car looks almost or identical to the one on my late 24.
Great price too!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration