13th annual Camerons swap meet this Saturday

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 13th annual Camerons swap meet this Saturday
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Cameron on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 12:00 pm:

We will be holding our annual swap event in Owatonna, MN this Saturday. As always all spaces are free, just bring something, anything to swap. Ribs at noon. The weather is projected to be excellent. Indoor heated spaces available as well. Lodging six miles away. See you then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 04:38 pm:

Mark,
Looking to purchase side seat panels,hood former and top dash panel for a 15-22 Roadster. These are items not made new. Would consider complete body. any leads appreciated. Thanks. Warwick. Have a great meet. A bit far to come!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 04:52 pm:

I'm planning to come out with some of the 214 new parts that I make for the T and pre-Ts. If anyone wants anything in particular, including any of brother Jon's top bows, floorboards, and tack strips, let me know and I'll take it along.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 07:55 pm:

I wish I could make it. I've enjoyed this local gem for years. But, my daughter has an appointment with a big buck on the other end of the state Saturday morning and I have to be with her for moral support.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 08:28 pm:

I wish I could make it, sure sounds like fun! Can you mail me a couple of ribs?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 11:31 pm:

I plan to be there & bringing some extra T parts. Have 2 nice used tires size 33 x 5 for TT rears with 23" wheels, several NOS winter hood blankets for '17 to '23 low radiators, oil sight guage, 1 Prest - O - Lite tank with guage, plus some other misc. T parts.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Cameron on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 09:49 am:

Swap Meet address is 5894 Lemond Road, Owatonna
Mark cell 507-261-1837
Sheri cell 612-868-5010

From Interstate 35 take Hwy 14 exit west towards Waseca, take the first exit Cty Rd 7 (39th Ave),stay to the left and follow the roundabout south, we are approximately 4 miles from there on the right

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 06:55 pm:

Anyone planning on bringing a decent high radiator to the Swap Meet? Need one to finish a project. Also need some manifold keepers for a 26-27 engine if anyone is bringing some. My garage appeared to eat the ones I had. I'll have to dig through my pile of Improved Car parts to see what needs to go.

Don't forget to bring and unwrapped toy for Toys for Tots!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 07:09 pm:

Mark, is Grace's Mexican Restaurant still open in Owatonna?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 08:52 pm:

Kevin,

I can put some in with the parts, look me up when you get there. I'll be the guy with a ball cap and a big belly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Cameron on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 10:06 pm:

Yep at ate at graces last week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 05:23 am:

Please somebody take pictures of the event, especially the RIBS!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Carstensen-Trosky Mn. on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 06:10 am:

Would like to come, but brother is having an auction at his farm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren Valley, Nebraska on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 08:56 am:

I will be bringing several sets of NOS parts for the Atwater Kent, Delco and Bosch distributor with me. (Caps, points and rotors)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 02:35 pm:

If I get my TT running tonight, I'll drive it there tomorrow... cutting it kind of close, might be a late night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 10:13 pm:

I wish it were closer to me, but it's a long way from Arkansas. I had a great time when I attended the meet a few years ago and would like to do it again sometime.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 10:46 am:

Has the date been set for next year? Following the time frame of the second Saturday of November, the 12th is the date for next year. This has been on my list and I think I'll plan on this for 2016. Short of a terrorist attack or a blizzard I plan to come next year. Someone has conformation on next years date please post. AND WE NEED PICTURES FROM THIS YEAR POSTED.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 06:34 pm:

I made it there and back in the TT! 80 miles round trip is a long haul at 22mph. :-) I wound it up to 28mph for a bit just to see what it would do.

I was up until 12:30 last night working on it, then got up at 6:00 this morning to adjust the clutch and linkage to get neutral then loaded up some things for the swap. Left for the trip with about a mile test-run on a truck I had never driven with a newly installed swap-meet engine I had only heard run for about a minute.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 06:46 pm:

Derek, Saw you headed down the road as I was heading back north. I noticed that everyone in the truck was dressed for Arctic exploration. Must have been a chilly ride. You and the kids should get some kind of award for endurance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 06:51 pm:

I attended - always a good event for me.

My father and I sold a number of items.

I bought hardware from RV Anderson (splash apron to rear fender bolts) and a 3Z1179 flywheel cap screw wrench.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

Kevin, I ran out of time to get the side windows installed, so it was quite chilly with the wind blowing through the cab. On the way home, I lost the glass out of the upper windshield too. I work for a glass company, so getting replacement (changing to safety glass) will be cheap and easy for me. :-)

I didn't buy anything, but I sold about $450 in parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 11:00 pm:

A big thank you to Mark and Sherri Cameron for again hosting this Swap Meet.

I met lots of old friends and made some new ones too. The rule for Mark's Swap Meet is that everyone has to bring something to sell, so I did, and sold most of it.

It was a good trip, lots of fun, and we'll do it again.

Thanks again, Mark and Sherri. BTW, the BBQ dinner Sherri made for everyone was REALLY good!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 12:15 am:

Spent the day with hot packs on my back and eating Tylenol. I know I missed a great time. The weather here ended up in the 50's so I imagine it got real nice that much more south. Thanks Mark for putting this on each year. Barring illness or death I'll be there next year.:-). And yes, y'all can consider that a threat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 12:15 am:

Oh yeah, Derek, that TT is a beauty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Cameron on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 10:06 am:

Nov 12th will be the date for 2016. Served 90 plates of ribs and this year was the best one yet. Will be sleeping all day today. Thanks everyone for coming. Rv just left to drive back to New York.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 10:49 am:

Not a single picture of a rib? not even a bone?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 12:56 pm:

Bob, When you're eatin' those ribs, there's no time for picture takin'.....

:-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 07:33 pm:

yea, you wouldn't want to get your phone all slimmed up with good ole' rib juice!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration