Magneto post question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Magneto post question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Dingler, Crowley Texas on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 07:13 pm:

My 1924 touring does not have a magneto post in the hogs head. When my car is running and I switch from batt to mag the car continues to run. I have an outside oil line that goes directly into hole on top of hogs head where the mag post goes. I'm confused. Please advise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 07:22 pm:

Switch would be wired to battery both sides.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 07:54 pm:

The only anything I can think is that It has to be magic.
Or maybe a miracle.

If I were you I would attach a wire between the switch and the house. You will save enough money in a year in electricity to buy another few Model T's and a new truck

. Oh ya what frank said :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 07:57 pm:

My car came to me without a magneto and with a Truefire ignition installed. The shop that did the installation put a jumper wire on the back of the switch so that both key positions draw from the battery. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Dingler, Crowley Texas on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 08:54 pm:

Thanks. Sorry, realize I didn't ask a very intelligent question. Should have asked "why would someone go to the trouble of wiring switch where both sides are direct to batt".
Should have thought more about it. My ignition switch is touchy on batt position and obviously there must be something wrong with the magneto so the switch was wired to keep car running with bad switch sometime in the past. I'm a newbie, only had car short time. Learning everyday. Now time to investigate why magneto is not working.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 09:11 pm:

In answer to Donnie,
It might have been done before the car was sold to fool the potential buyer into thinking the magneto is functioning.
Norm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration