Mark Gregush - Please contact me!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Mark Gregush - Please contact me!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 08:50 pm:

In 2005, you posted a number of photos about how you repaired the rear window frame in your 1918-1922 Coupe. I printed the photos at the time, but I can't find any text explaining the procedure you followed to construct a new rear window frame. Was there any text or have I simply misplaced it? Do you still have that posting or the procedure handy? The MTFCA search engine won't allow me to open the 2005 Forum to find your posting.
Thanks in advance!
Marshall, owner of a 1922 Coupe in need of a rear window frame

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Burg on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 10:02 pm:

Here is the 2005 form

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/29.html?1117570213

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 10:13 pm:

Yes, thank you, Les. I found that during my search, but it only goes up through March, 2005. Guess when the post was I am seeking: April! Ha, ha, ha! Just my luck...
M.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 08:35 am:

Marshall, look again at the 2005 forum - for some reason, the post dates are out of order, there are a lot of April and May posts in there. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 11:26 am:

Marshall;
I never got as far as repair or install on the rear window. I think I did post some photos of what was there. Where they are at time is somewhere on my puter.
I can tell you that the interior cloth was installed and nailed down around the window opening. There were the hard rubber corner blocks in each corner, I think Model A's used about the same thing. The glass had the rubber channel installed on the glass and the window was placed in the opening. 1/4 round rattan that was cover in the same cloth was nailed in place around the opening to finish the job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 02:59 pm:

Thanks, Mark. That's what I was looking for. I still have your six photos I printed out, and they are the "Before" images. I somehow thought that you had completed the repair and had described the steps. I'll see what I can come up, based upon your description.
'Dunno if I'll ever get around to doing our '22 Coupe, though.
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 04:16 pm:

Model T Coupe rear window frame

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 07:33 pm:

That's good pictorial help, too, Dennis. Thanks for taking the time to post the photo. I will definitely print this out for future use. But, perhaps I should have made myself more clear, in that I was looking for the interior rear window frame restoration information. This is the rounded-corner rectangular frame that is bordered by upholstery panels and surrounds the glass pane. It fits inside the wooden framework photo you posted, but inside it. It seems to have been made of steam-bent wood framing, not the more commonly-seen metal frame in later coupes. Or, was it? The photos Mark posted or sent me in 2005 clearly show an unrestored interior rear window frame made of wood surrounded by aged and torn upholstery panels. I was hoping someone was reproducing this steam-bent window frame to replace my Mickey Mouse'd bent metal conduit frame installed during someone's idea of a "restoration".
Marshall

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration