Early 12 Touring, how to route gas line?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Early 12 Touring, how to route gas line?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 07:54 am:

Getting ready to run my brass fuel line from the tank to the carb, does anyone have an ACCURATE picture of how this is supposed to run? Since my car was built in 11' the tank sediment bowl is located on the end of the tank.
Thanks for any help as always!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 08:21 am:

Phil Mino has made a web site with pictures of his nice unrestored november 1911 Touring: http://www.fordfarm.net/11Car1.html
In one picture you can see some of the routing with the floorboards lifted: http://www.fordfarm.net/11CarMisc-1.html

Looks close to the exhaust..

Note, many repro exhaust pipes differs in their routing from the Ford originals and may cause a need to move the fuel line somewhat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 08:56 am:

Thanks Roger, I had looked at Phil's site, which is great just didn't have enough detail in this area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 05:03 am:

Bump, anyone with a correct picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 08:13 am:

How about contacting Phil Mino?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 10:20 am:

I'll send you some pictures, Bob.
-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 12:58 pm:

Always appreciate the help, just want to get it correct!
Thanks Herb & Keith!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino, near Porterville on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 05:20 pm:

This is the way the fuel line is routed on this late '11 car:

Line leaves outboard sediment bulb and crosses over the frame just ahead of the front seat heel panel.

Line is curved down at that crossover point and runs slightly above and about an inch inboard from the lower part of the frame rail.

Line gradually curves back into frame rail and goes behind the pan arm block at the bottom.

About 2" ahead of the pan arm block, the line makes a rather sharp curve inward toward the engine.

Line is curved again (more gracefully this time) to mate up with the inlet elbow on the carburetor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 08:36 pm:

WOW! Thanks Phil that info and the detailed pictures do the trick, I'll be plumbing in the morning! That's what I really like about this hobby, everyone is willing to share knowledge. BTW, before I saw this post tonight, I had just sent you an email.
Many thanks to you & also got some pics from Keith. thanks a bunch.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration