A Bit of Trivia

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: A Bit of Trivia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 01:38 pm:

After a short drive in my 1924 cut-off pickup this morning, I noticed that one of my headlight lens retaining rings has some script stamped on it:

Ford
Broun

The other ring is not marked at all.

Any significance? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 01:45 pm:

The nickeled brass rims on 26/27 Fords are almost always marked Ford Brown. Guess Brown was a supplier of the rims and maybe other lamp parts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 03:54 am:

Somewhere in my stash, I have at least one, maybe two steel rings that are stamped Ford Brown. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 08:22 am:

That Brown is the Jno Brown Lamp Co.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/322179.html?1353110373

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration