Finally 5 yrs after selling my Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Finally 5 yrs after selling my Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Watson on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

Was originally going to buy a Corvette, but went back to my roots to enjoy with my family. 1973 Dodge Dart Sport 340. Original H code originalCA car with no rust. I put it on the lift and inspected thoroughly and with a magnet for all the rust prone locations - nothing. Strong running car with 3K on the rebuild.
Bought with no co-owner this time with cash funds.

Model T are still interesting to me, but with a son that loves Mopars like my first car and will be driving age not year it was time. My first car was a 1971 Dodge Demon with a 318. Muscle car this time :-)

Cheers,
Eric

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 07:30 pm:

So what are we to think?

You are interested in T's but purchase other stuff.
People usually spend there money on what in on their heart.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 07:52 pm:

What's the point of this post? Pretty useless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 08:01 pm:

I'm with James - I don't get it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 08:06 pm:

Maybe this news would have met with more favorable reviews on a MoPar Forum. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Watson on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 08:11 pm:

No offense taken but a lot of posts here are relatively useless. I owned a 1917 Ford Model T just gave an update what I did with the funds.

I do have some leftover T stuff that I will be selling.

Cheers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 08:23 pm:

Sounds like a fun car.

I have a couple Chevelles besides the T's so I get the appeal of the muscle cars. I also have an urge to get a new-ish Corvette, but that will have to wait a while.

I can appreciate just about any kind of car, as long as it's interesting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 08:29 pm:

I took this post as just an update from a former T owner. Nice to see he's doing something with his son with respect to the hobby. I too sold my T a while ago, haven't replaced it. I have no regrets selling it, it went to another forum member who I hope is enjoying it, but I drove it in my wedding, and after it failed, (marriage, not the T) I saw no reason to keep it around. I now own a 50 mercury truck I am restoring, and hopefully it will be the parts getter for my next T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 08:32 pm:

I am with Derek; got a í67 Chevelle along with a few Tís.

Can go from putt-putt to varoom-varoom!

I like cars !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 08:41 pm:

Eric -- good luck with the Dodge Dart and your son. Children are only there for a short time before they are off on their own (at least that is what we hope for). Of course a low horsepower car is what I needed when I was teen....

For Fred, James, & Ron,

As mentioned above Eric is just giving an update to some of the folks that remember him from when he was posting on the forum back when he had a T. (See: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/110766.html?1260417151 )

And based on that thread and the posting above it sounds like he is trying to establish a good connection with his son. For my Dad with me it was Model Ts until I turned around 16 -- then I went to modern cars 1928-29 Model A Ford, then modern V-8s and finally wound up with a 36 hp VW. And I finally came back to Ts.

I have a neighbor that owns part interest in a nicely restored 1940ish Stearman Biplane. One of his son's could care less about old planes or flying. So his Father wisely connects with that son in other ways.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 09:39 pm:

I remember your name from years ago, and for one, was very glad to see the update! I often wonder about many of the people that used to post regularly. Some still post occasionally, but not like they used to. a few I have heard from myself, or heard through the grapevine that they were okay. But even some of those it has been months.
I hope Eric W gets another model T eventually (a person could always come up with a speedster). For now, I am very pleased that he is connecting with his son. Connecting with your children, and youth in general, is one of the most important things in life. The world belongs to them. Not us.
I like to hear from old friends.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 09:22 am:

Hi Eric !

Good for you that you got a car that means something to you ....

Happy Motoring ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 09:31 am:

Eric, good to hear from you. One doesn't have to own a Model T to be an enthusiast. Besides, I consider Dodges to be related to Ford. If it weren't for the Ford Dodge relationship, there probably wouldn't have been a Model T or Dodge car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 10:37 am:

Eric,

Good to hear from you. Glad you're still into cars. A car that you can enjoy with your son is definitely the one to have. (Don't forget about T's however.)

Have fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 11:05 am:

I have everything from a 1913 Maxwell to a couple 1970's Suzuki and Kawasaki motorcycles, at last count 6 or 7 collector tractors including two I bought last week (1939 Ford 9N, 56 IHC 300 Utility, Ford NAA, Ford 801, Ford 600, 1955 Massey Ferguson 35 and two I bought last week; a 1974 Ford 3000 Diesel and a 1947 Case S; two CJ2A Willys both 48's, a 51, 54 and 49 Willys pickups and a couple buildings full of other stuff, hit and miss engines and whatever. Also have some International pickups, 58, 68 and 73, other stuff. Personally, I find it interesting what people have and what they are working on or at least planning on working on. I have a couple Model T's, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 11:08 am:

I will always love a Model T and I'll never sell my Grandfather's 27 coupe. My 26 fordor is another story. I have always wanted a 57 Chevy half ton pickup equipped with the NAPCO four wheel drive system, offered either from the factory or a dealer installed kit. My Dad had one and it was like a loose woman, it would go just about anywhere. I'd gladly sell the sedan if I could buy a Chevy NAPCO without having to add a bunch of money to the proceeds of my sedan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 11:27 am:

The reason they are called MOPAR is that is the name of the parts. Why not call it a Dodge, or a Chrysler product? MOPAR means you need to fix it frequently. :-)

I used to have Dodge Darts. Mine were 6 cylinder. I thought they would become the Model A's of the 60's and 70's. Unfortunately, only the V8's seemed to be popular with collectors. Those slant 6 engines ran almost forever and got very good gas mileage. In fact when I got the first one, I thought the gas gauge was broken because it only went down about 1/4 tank after I had driven it back and forth to work for a week!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 12:00 pm:

OT, MOPAR is a shortened version of "Motor Parts", and is Chrysler's brand name for their parts, like Motorcraft is for Ford.

I used to own a 1969 Dodge Dart GT convertible with a 273 V8 and a 1969 Plymouth Valiant 100 2-door sedan with a slant six. :-)

dart

valiant

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 02:56 pm:

Owned a '73 Dart Sport myself. Also a "H" code 340 4-speed car. It was non numbers matching but still mostly stock when I bought mine, It got way out of hand fast. Ended up with a 400 big block, single turbo and a shot of nitrous. Had I decided to "restore" it vs. the turn of events that happened with modifying it, I would have never gotten into T's. I am glad I sold it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration